Director of Marketing and Communications
2195 Nolensville Pike Nashville TN 37211
Marketing, Communications & Information Technology , Communication
Position Description / Responsibilities
This is a permanent, full-time staff position. This communications professional will report to the Co-Executive Directors to develop, implement, and evaluate a comprehensive communications and marketing plan that increases Conexión Américas’ visibility and positions the organization as a go-to organization for the media, opinion leaders and policymakers. The Director of Marketing and Communications oversees the work of the Marketing and Communications Manager and Outreach Coordinator, and works closely with the Director of Development and Strategic Growth to ensure a consistent and integrated communications and marketing strategy. The Director of Marketing and Communications also serves as part of Conexión Américas’ Leadership Team. This position is accountable for working with program managers and colleagues to promote and educate our community about the mission and resources available through Conexión Américas. We work in collaborative, team-based environment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Marketing and Communications
● Lead the development, execution and evaluation of a comprehensive marketing and communications plan to effectively reach the Latino community and the community-at-large.
● Create and implement strategies to ensure that we are constantly developing and expanding our organizational brand and reach.
● Provide direct supervision and support to the Communications & Marketing Manager.
● Provide strategic leadership to the Communications & Marketing Manager on the creation of social media postings for Conexión Américas and Casa Azafrán using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and any other social media deemed appropriate for outreach.
● Provide strategic leadership to the Communications & Marketing Manager and the organization on the content management of programs and services on our websites (in English and Spanish): www.conexionamericas.org; www.casazafran.orgwww.kitchen.conexionamericas.o...
● Craft content in coordination with the Co-Executive Directors for the monthly English-language email newsletter.
● Write and lead the design of the annual impact report. Create an annual timeline to file stories, gather data and conduct interviews to meet deadlines.
● Support the Development team with communications and marketing needs for fundraising and special events.
● Stay up-to-date on news and information relevant to Conexión Américas.
● Maintain Conexión Américas’ “Story Bank” and craft narratives to share stories of how our programs and presence impact the lives of our families.
● Work with the Co-Executive Directors to create and edit external messages and communications, including speeches, letters and press releases.
● Help build and reinforce an organizational culture in which all staff and board members embrace their role as “brand ambassadors” and storytellers.
● Coordinate video development and production for special events, including our annual fundraiser, “Cafecito: A Cup of Coffee for Conexión Américas”.
● Strengthen existing relationships and proactively develop new relationships with local media. As necessary, serve as a representative of Conexión Américas in the media.
● Maintain a high level of professional discretion and respect for diverse communities.
● Develop and lead the implementation of the organization’s annual policy agenda.
● Lead and coordinate Conexión Américas’ annual Day on the Hill.
● Work with the Co-Executive Directors to maximize the organization’s influence and impact on relevant public policy through op-eds, letters to the editor, and through public speaking engagements.
● Develop and disseminate key messages targeted to specific audiences for defined policy outcomes.
● Position the organization with policymakers as a credible, trusted, non-partisan source of information through effective communication.
● Establish and maintain contacts with the news media to convey and support Conexión Américas’ views on issues of significance.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to those listed above. As with all jobs at Conexión Américas, every person in the organization will assist in any way necessary to respond to new demands and to ensure a cooperative environment.
● Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, marketing or similarly relevant field required, Master’s degree preferred.
● Excellent written and oral communications in both English and Spanish required, biculturalism preferred.
● Five years or more experience in communications, social or nonprofit work preferred.
● Flexibility, creativity, initiative and ability to work as a team member required.
● Ability to interact with diverse groups of stakeholders required.
● Exceptional ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks required.
● Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with deadlines and strict timelines required.
● Results-oriented with analytical and problem-solving skills required.
● Flexible schedule required; some responsibilities will take place on evenings and on weekends.
● Excellent computer skills including Google Suite (Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, and Slides) and Wordpress required. Ability to learn new systems in a timely fashion required.
● Basic graphic design skills and/or experience working in Canva preferred.
● Reliable transportation required.
● Demonstrated appreciation for Latino culture and people required.
● Strong understanding of Latino culture and Latino issues in the US required.
● Experience and knowledge of nonprofit organizations’ operations preferred.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and a list of references to Tara Lentz, Co-Executive Director, via email to email@example.com. No phone calls or in-person inquiries, please.
About Conexión Américas
Conexión Américas is a nonprofit organization based in Nashville, TN. Our mission is to build a welcoming community, and create opportunities for Latino families to belong, contribute and succeed. Conexión Américas is an advocacy and direct-service organization. We focus on three areas of community impact: Social Integration (family engagement, youth development and English as a Second Language), Economic Integration (homeownership, microentrepreneurship and taxpayer assistance) and Civic Integration (community education through workshops and grassroots leadership development).
For more information about Conexión Américas, visit us at www.conexionamericas.org and check our organization’s profile at www.GivingMatters.com