Director of Residential & Crisis Services
YWCA Nashville & Middle Tennessee
Weaver Domestic Violence Center
Family Services/Human Services/Behavioral Health
Position Description / Responsibilities
We are actively searching for a Director of Residential & Crisis Services to add to our team! The responsibilities are varied, and you will be working with multiple associations and staff members.
If you have experience working with children, residents, and families, are an amazing leader and multi-tasker, thrive while working independently, learn new programs quickly, are ridiculously organized, and would list strategizing and implementing programs for member and revenue growth as some of your best skills, we want to hear from you!
Position provides leadership and direction for residential and support services in the Domestic Violence Services program ensuring high quality customer service, continuous improvement and successful outcomes in accordance with funding requirements.
Relationships and Contacts
Within the organization: Initiates and maintains professional working relationships with staff throughout the organization including peers, supervisors/managers, directors, senior and executive management.
Outside the organization: Initiates and maintains professional working relationships with clients and volunteers as needed, partner organizations, general public, vendors, and board members.
- Ensures program is meeting or exceeding all program outcomes in accordance with government contracts and grants.
- Hires and supervises the Manager of Shelter Services, DV Specialists and Residential Coordinator, provides performance management in a consistent and timely manner.
- Oversees the Manager of Shelter Services supervision of PRN DV Specialists.
- Provides quality assurance for intakes, exits, crisis line, and LAP activities.
- Ensures monthly staff coverage schedules are created and communicated, ensuring shelter coverage at all times, including holidays.
- Monitors compliance with departmental and organizational budget, forecasts spending, and approves check requests and maintains fiscal responsibility for services.
- Oversees new and ongoing staff training.
- Provides on-call service and schedule facilitator functions in conjunction with the Manager of Shelter Services to ensure on-call schedules are created and maintained.
- Monitors and secures physical equipment through supervision of Residential Coordinator.
- Provides leadership and support for efficient and effective implementation of crisis/residential services.
- Develops and implements communication system to keep all staff informed of agency and program changes, policies and procedures, and other vital information.
- Develops and maintains positive, effective relationships with funding sources and community leaders.
- Establishes and manages effective relationships with community organizations to expand base of resources and ensure effective linkages to services for clients.
- Consistently tracks and analyzes program data, makes recommendations to the Vice President of Domestic Violence Services for continuous improvement of systems and processes.
- Makes decisions regarding client requests for shelter extensions and grievances in consultation with Vice President of Domestic Violence Services, meeting with clients when appropriate.
- Documents client data and relevant interactions in ETO and in other internal means of documentation.
- Educates the community about DV and YWCA services by attending external meetings, giving informational presentations and leading tours of the facility when appropriate.
- Collaborates with the Program Data Manager & Grants Administration to ensure outcomes are tracked/measured and accurate reports are submitted in a timely manner.
- Creates and maintain DV services operations manual.
- Facilitates weekly team meetings Monthly Staff meetings, staff one-on-ones and therapy meetings. Also facilitates transitional meetings, as needed.
- Professionally represents the YWCA brand in appropriate attire and conduct at appropriate relevant meetings and forums.
- Responds to crisis line, as needed, provides information and referral resources to callers.
- Creates and maintains updated Residential Handbook.
- Ensures implementation of and adherence to policies and procedures of YWCA and Domestic Violence Center.
- Ensures appropriate documentation is complete and shelter resident master list remains current.
- Ensures accurate and confidential records are kept for each client, documenting resident behaviors, incidents, interactions in consistent ethical manner.
- Provides transportation when necessary.
- Provides supervision, support and assistance to volunteers as needed.
- Develops an understanding of agency and program policies and procedures, implementing appropriately and interpreting to residents and volunteers.
- Manages conflict through appropriate intervention.
- Attends program staff, All Staff and other meetings as requested.
- Builds and maintains community relationships.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
Requires Bachelors degree in Social Work or related field and a minimum of three years relevant experience in non-profit industry. Two years or more of leadership and management experience required. Masters degree preferred, along with, previous experience in the fields of Sexual Assault, Domestic Violence, Crisis Services or Residential Services.
- Requires ability to talk or hear, sit, stand, walk, reach, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, taste or smell.
- Ability to lift and move 25 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to communicate with peers and clients.
- Tolerant to various noise levels: noise level in the work environment varies may be very quiet or extremely loud.
- Job performance will require the ability to move throughout the building as well as sit or remain stationary for extended periods of time.
- Must be fit for travel by automobile and willing to travel independently to reach engagements.
Position requires incumbent to have a valid drivers license, vehicle insurance and a clear driving record for the last three years.
- Knowledge of trauma informed care and ability to train others on this practice
- Excellent leadership skills, including leading through crisis and leading by example (servant leadership)
- Ability to maintain a rational and objective demeanor when faced with stressful or emotional situations or people
- Goal oriented with the ability to work as a part of the team and independently
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- High follow through
- Resourceful, creative and problem solver
- Able to problem solve with limited resources using creativity and resourcefulness. Proficiency in the use of business technology, and fluency with Microsoft Office Suite software
- Willingness to support the mission of the YWCA and ability to convey its importance both verbally and in writing
The YWCA of Nashville and Middle Tennessee reserves the rights to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the organization desires. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship remains At-Will. The aforementioned job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities.
Thank you for your interest in the Director of Residential & Crisis Services position with YWCA of Nashville and Middle Tennessee. Please apply using this link: https://www.paycomonline.net/v...