Divisional Vice President (Operations, Finance, Accounting)
Finance & Accounting
Position Description / Responsibilities
Our Divisional Vice President of Accounting and Finance:
- is primarily an operations role and will be responsible for overseeing the General Accounting and Financial Reporting functions of the Business Unit.
- is responsible for implementing and maintaining a system of internal controls that will ensure that all financial reporting is prepared in compliance with all financial policies, contract requirements and US GAAP.
- is responsible for providing financial analysis and support to operations.
This role is based in our Nashville office.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting required
- Master's Degree in Finance or Accounting preferred
- Large divisional leadership experience required ($750MM+Revenue)
- Operations, Financial Reporting AND Accounting experience required
- Big 4 account firm experience preferred
- Ability to travel nationwide > 25%
CPA (active) required!
- Primary contact for Business Unit president with respect to Unit financial results.
- Monitor, analyze, and report monthly operating results against budget.
- Oversees the Business Unit general accounting function, which includes internal financial reporting, client contract reporting, client billing and revenue recognition, contract staffing and offsite services accounting.
- Determine and implement or recommend perceived actions for improved financial and/or operational performance.
- Ensures that all accounting and reporting functions are performed timely and within any specified timeframes.
- Responsible for understanding terms of client contracts with respect to revenue recognition, billing, financial caps, reimbursements, incurred cost, and cost sharing.
- Accountable for ensuring that policies and procedures (internal controls) are in place to provide reasonable assurance that the company assets are protected and financial results are accurately reported.
- Recommend benchmarks for measuring the financial and operating performance of the Unit and sites.
- Ensures that company financial records and reports, under responsibility, are maintained in compliance with company policies, directives, and US GAAP. Responsible for reviewing monthly/quarterly account reconciliations and other documents to ensure this compliance.
- Coordinates work relating to both internal and external audits in the periodic review of the company financial records for the Unit. Resolves related questions in a timely manner as they arise, amends existing processes as necessary, and is further responsible for the implementation of agreed upon recommendations, related to areas of responsibility, resulting from the audit findings.
- Ensures that the accounting department is staffed with qualified financial personnel capable of meeting the objectives and responsibilities, as noted above. Responsible for continued development of these associates.
- Works with the staff under supervision to develop or improve processes and procedures for continuous quality improvement. Coordinates with the IT Department and/or outside vendors as necessary.
We are an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer