Donor Relations Manager
Cheekwood Estate & Gardens
1200 Forrest Park Drive, Nashville TN 37205
Arts, Entertainment & Media , Fundraising/Development , Parks/Recreation
Position Description / Responsibilities
Work in one of the most beautiful places in Nashville! Formerly the family home of Mabel and
Leslie Cheek, Cheekwood Estate & Gardens now serves the public as a botanical garden, arboretum, and museum with period rooms and art galleries. We are currently seeking a Donor Relations Manager who will support the Director of Individual Giving in the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of individual donors with a primary focus on the planning and execution of Development-related events.
• Coordinate Development-led cultivation, stewardship, and fundraising efforts including, but not limited to, list pull and review, letter preparation, donor benefit fulfillment, organizing invitations and materials, executing mailings, coordinating guest lists, and tracking RSVPs, and managing post-event activities.
• Serve as a liaison with internal departments at Cheekwood and act as the primary logistics contact for Development-related events and initiatives. Attend donor-related events and programs both on-site at Cheekwood and off-site.
• Coordinate and implement year-round donor communications plan, including management of the Major Gifts module to track donor prospects, stages of cultivation and solicitation, and ensue regular follow up deadlines are met by fundraising officers.
• Manage documentation of donor information in database, proactively ensure accuracy of donor records, research and prepare prospect profiles and lists using internal and external resources.
• Work closely with the Development and Marketing teams on Annual Fund campaigns, including The Big Payback, Giving Tuesday, End of Year Campaigns, Celebration Giving, and others.
• Assist in the monitoring of Development budget and financials, including the coding and processing of invoices and budget reconciliation after events.
• Contribute to the establishment and maintenance of the Development department’s systems, processes, and data infrastructure. Adhere to fundraising guidelines.
• Participate as part of the Development team in a collegial fashion, working in a collaborative environment to ensure attainment of Development goals and objectives.
• Carry out other duties as needed as assigned by the Director of Individual Giving and Chief External Relations Officer.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree and at least 2 to 3 years in development or development-related experience at a nonprofit organization, or an equivalent organization. This person must possess outstanding project management, organizational skills and be highly detailed oriented. They must be able to prioritize activities and responsibilities, manage multiple projects and concurrent tasks with the ability to work effectively within established deadlines. Possess strong interpersonal and teamwork skills as well as excellent written and communication skills. Ability to work with diverse internal and external constituents including staff, board members, donor, and volunteers. Must be able to maintain flexible schedule with the ability to work evenings and weekends as required. Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel. Familiarity with donor databases and museum environment a plus. High level of professionalism and discretion a must. Cheekwood has a vaccine policy and requires staff members to wear a mask indoors. This is a full-time position with competitive benefits.
Please send letter of interest and resume to Penny Bruckse, Vice President of Human Resources. at Pbruckse@cheekwood.org.
Cheekwood is an equal opportunity workplace