East End Prep Operations Manager (2022-2023)
Martha O'Bryan Center
Marketing, Communications & Information Technology
Position Description / Responsibilities
The Operations Manager is responsible for many non-instructional functions throughout our campus. The Operations Manager will impact the organization through the following primary means: Facilities, Front Office Support, Major event planning, Systems & Technology (laptops, projectors, sound systems, internet, security cameras, etc.) and other Student Services (Food Services & Before/Aftercare).
Start date: June 2022
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to:
- Manage relationships and contracts with EEP’s major outsourced service vendors—including food services, transportation, technology and internet, and janitorial services
- Manage facilities and systems to ensure building and grounds are always clean, well-managed, organized, and set the stage for a vibrant environment for staff and scholars.
- Partner with school leaders around planning, logistics, materials, communications, and set up/take down for major events and PD to ensure events are successful for all stakeholders.
- Plan and negotiate major purchases including furniture/fixtures and technology.
- Manage the YMCA partnership for Fun Company and other after care partners (Fannie Battle, Boys and Girls Club, etc.) to ensure a positive and supportive environment for scholars.
- Coordinate and operate school’s Gigatrak Inventory System: Maintain accurate and timely inventory of equipment, office supplies, and instructional materials
- Lead EEP’s technology planning and user support—including network infrastructure, staff devices, chromebook cart organization, loaner technology and the 1:1 laptop program for scholars in middle school to ensure scholars and staff have the technology needed for student learning.
- Respond to staff requests for support (e.g. facilities, technology, etc.) coordinating with MNPS and other service providers quickly and effectively to ensure teachers and leaders can focus on student learning.
- Collaborate with Business Manager and Enrollment Manager to continue to maintain a world class service-oriented and positive front office.
- Support in the front office daily answering phone calls and assisting families and students in the front office
- Own Picture Day logistics and Book Fair to ensure events are well planned, communicated, and seamless for all involved.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years of professional experience
- Friendly demeanor with a knack for building and maintaining relationships
- Experience working with a diverse population of adults and children
- Analytical, detail oriented, and extremely organized
- Comfortable with ambiguity and the dynamic nature of an ever-changing organization
- Strong work ethic and a determination to do whatever it takes so that teachers and scholars are successful
- Ability to manage multiple priorities from a variety of sources, organizing and prioritizing effectively to impact areas of greatest need
- Experience organizing and facilitating effective meetings
- Ability to deconstruct complex problems and develop coherent, actionable strategies
- Maturity, humility, strong work ethic, sense of humor, and “roll-up-my-sleeves” attitude
- Experience working with public school students and parents
Click HERE to apply.