Economic Integration Coordinator
Position Description / Responsibilities
Conexión Américas seeks qualified candidates for the position of Economic Integration Coordinator. The successful candidate is an excellent leader with experience in results-oriented program management, including participant enrollment, program development, volunteer management, and business coaching. The Only candidates who can demonstrate total commitment to the mission and values of Conexión Américas should apply. Please read about our mission and values on our website at www.conexionamericas.org.
This is a permanent, full-time staff position that reports directly to the Associate Director of Economic Integration. The Economic Integration Coordinator will manage, organize and implement Conexión Américas’ Economic Integration Programs, as well as coordinate their administrative needs with a goal to ensure overall programmatic success and the economic growth of Latino immigrants.
The Economic Integration Program Coordinator will also maintain key partnerships and proactively collaborate with individuals and other nonprofit organizations to secure program growth.
Economic Integration Programs managed by this position:
- Class development, participant enrollment, and recruitment of volunteers/paid teachers of the following programs: Computer Lab Classes, QuickBooks Classes, and Microenterprise Development (Negocio Prospero) Classes
- Business coaching and technical assistance: Assist and guide business owners in running a business by helping them with technical assistance and developing their vision. Responsible for coordinating the logistics of technical assistance meetings, trainings, and events.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Organize programs and activities in accordance with the mission and goals of the organization
- Implement strategies to meet program objectives
- Develop and control deadlines, budgets and activities to ensure program success
- Communicate regularly with program participants to monitor progress and assist with obstacles that may arise
- Prepare program reports for program directors
- Collaborate with marketing and communications team to promote programs and secure new participant enrollment
- Develop activities to recruit, support and retain volunteers
- Build volunteer base trainers who will teach the majority of the curriculum
- Lead development of new computer lab program (curriculum, implementation, evaluation among other program’s needs)
- Create and implement systems for tracking and evaluating program data
- Teach lessons in a comprehensive manner and use visual/audio means to facilitate learning
- Provide individualized instruction to each student by promoting interactive learning
- Create and distribute educational content
- Other program-related and administrative duties as needed
- Meets with program participants in a one-on-one setting on a daily basis
- Advises program participants in micro and small business management practices, methods, and techniques
- Participates in the development, promotion, coordination, and delivery of small business management training programs and workshops lead in-house at Conexión Américas or by partner organizations
- Monitors operational activities and effectiveness of results and prepares reports as appropriate
- Refers participants to in-house or external resources, as needed, including for matters beyond business-related needs
- Collaborates with all of Conexión Américas’ staff, including members of the Economic Integration team to ensure that Conexión Américas’ financial stability and microenterprise programs are offered participants across the organization
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to those listed above. As with every other job at Conexión Américas, every person in the organization will assist in any way necessary to respond to new demands and to assure a collaborative and supportive environment.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education and Experience)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in both English and Spanish required- all interviews will be conducted in Spanish
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field required or equivalent experience
- Small business coaching/counseling and/or program development experience preferred
- Flexibility, creativity, and capacity to motivate others required
- Ability to interact with diverse groups of stakeholders required
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work in a fast-paced environment with deadlines and strict timelines required
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Suite, and database management required
- Demonstrated appreciation for Latino culture and people required
- Strong understanding of Latino culture and Latino issues in the US preferred
- Experience and knowledge of nonprofit organizations' operations preferred
To apply: Please send resume, cover letter, salary expectation and 3 references by email to Matha Silva Senior Director of Economic Integration firstname.lastname@example.org.No phone calls or in-person inquiries, please.