Nashville Public Television (NPT)
Arts, Entertainment & Media
Position Description / Responsibilities
Nashville Public Television (NPT), Nashville’s PBS station is seeking to hire an Editor. The Editor will work independently and collaboratively to provide NPT with creative, efficient, high-quality post-production and editing. Reporting to the Senior Director of Production.
- Provides editing services for NPT by operating non-linear edit systems to creatively assemble video/audio elements into completed segments and/or complete programs.
- Maintains records and files for projects, archives files when project is complete.
- Occasionally, acts as director, technical director or floor manager on routine studio productions as required. Assists in studio and field productions, including timing, floor directing, operating teleprompter, setting up and striking equipment.
- Occasionally, participates in studio setup, and lighting for field, studio, and remote television productions as directed.
- Ensures that all production activities are performed according to safety requirements.
- Works with the IT department regarding equipment issues and needed repairs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree preferred. Minimum three years’ experience editing in video edition on non-linear edits systems. Graphics and animation experience a plus. Experience with Photoshop, After Effects and Adobe Premiere.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to Human Resources, Attn: HR, Nashville Public Television (NPT), 161 Rains Avenue, Nashville, TN 37203, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position will be open until filled.
NPT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please visit our website for more information at https://www.wnpt.org/.