Educational Outreach Coordinator
State of Tennessee
Position Description / Responsibilities
The Tennessee State Museum is seeking a highly-motivated professional museum educator to help achieve the museum’s mission to serve the state with quality educational opportunities for all Tennesseans. The successful candidate will have a passion for history, particularly Tennessee history, education, and children as well as an ability to leverage digital technology skills with history education. This person will demonstrate an ability to innovate and launch new educational programs in a fast-paced, goal-oriented environment.
Under the direction of the Manager of K-12 Education, the Educational Outreach Coordinator will develop and conduct a variety of educational programs as a part of the distance learning initiative at the new Tennessee State Museum. The successful candidate will demonstrate expertise with planning, launching and conducting online educational programs like virtual field trips, skype for the classroom, and videoconferencing programs, while also managing the very successful Tennessee Traveling Trunk program. Therefore this person must be highly skilled in curriculum development and digital technology. This position will seek to develop new programs that reach those teachers, students, and that cannot readily get to the museum due to space, time, and/or budgetary concerns.
It will also supervise one museum program assistant and must demonstrate an ability to lead, motivate, and develop a staff person that will assist in the implementation of these programs.
Preferred candidates will be skilled in museum education, curriculum development, as well as web-based digital learning platforms, and demonstrate an ability to lead.
Requirements for this position include:
- Create and manage a variety of engaging, standards-based distance learning programs to reach students across the state.
- Manage, maintain, and improve an existing Traveling Trunk program that serves schools all across the state.
- Plan, develop, launch, and evaluate a new virtual field trip program.
- Help create, design, and implement future educational offerings through web-based platforms.
- Conduct educational programs and tours both virtually as well as on-site at the Tennessee State Museum and Tennessee State Capitol.
Excellent Interpersonal skills
Highly developed public speaking skills
Planning and executing complex projects
Expertise in cutting edge digital technology (e.g. video editing, video conferencing programs, etc.)
Enter “169903” in the Keyword search