Elections Business Intelligence Specialist
Tennessee Secretary of State
Position Description / Responsibilities
Link to job posting
Mission: The mission of the Office of the Secretary of State is to exceed the expectations of our customers, the taxpayers, by operating at the highest levels of accuracy, cost-effectiveness, and accountability in a customer-centered environment.
Supervisor: Coordinator of Elections
Summary: Assist in planning and coordinating the computer functions and responsibilities for the Elections Division which includes, but is not limited to: data processing, integrating the statewide voter registration system with county voter registration systems, improve election reporting capabilities; analyzing and resolving technical software issues (25%) for the Division of Elections and 95 county election commission offices, which includes, but is not limited to cybersecurity practices; reviewing and researching regulations, legislation, government codes, and directives relevant to the technical elections operation; including serving as the liaison to the Office of the Comptroller of the Treasury, Local Government; and performing other duties as assigned.
This position is responsible for the accuracy and timely compliance and security of voter registration data, ballot review and approval, producing and analyzing election-related state and federal reports, maintaining and assist in updating elections mobile app.
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses, and resolves problems/issues within the voter registration environment.
- Assist in the administration of the Online Voter Registration (OVR) system and processing of records.
- Assist in the design, maintenance and upgrade of election software to approve ballots, review state agency documents of a provisional voter and generate state reports using data collected from the 95 county election commissions.
- Assist in processing the election results in preparation for certification of each election.
- Assist in reviewing voting systems, voter registration software and electronic pollbooks for election integrity and security.
- Validates and tests solutions to ensure the voting requirements are met.
- Validates report results to ensure voting requirements are met.
- Researches, analyzes, and reports on voter information from a variety of sources.
- Assists in the analysis of source systems and development of a logical/voter data model to determine the reporting capability for available data.
- Gathers and identifies the voter information available from various source systems.
- Strong knowledge of MS SQL Server.
- Generates standard or custom reports summarizing voter data for review by Tennessee Coordinator of Elections.
- Develops queries for validation of work outputs and source system confirmation.
- Implements reporting solutions using business intelligence data presentation tools.
- Understands business intelligence concepts and methodologies.
- Monitors the voter data warehouse and business systems performance and integrity.
- Documents use cases to ensure the Voter Intelligence solution meets the business requirements.
- Documents business flows for new and existing systems ensuring long-term maintainability.
- Follows proper configuration management and change controls to promote system stability and to provide an audit trail of modifications.
- Evaluates requests from problem management tracking system.
- Provides assistance to Division of Elections in the generation of ad hoc reports.
- Provide basic PC hardware and software support for 95 county election offices.
Salary: $70,000 annually plus the State of Tennessee Benefits Package.
To apply: Please email your resume and cover letter to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position you are applying for in the email subject. Position will be posted until filled.