Enterprise Project Manager Senior
State of Tennessee
Marketing, Communications & Information Technology
Position Description / Responsibilities
The Strategic Technology Solutions (STS) division within the Department of Finance & Administration is implementing a new IT delivery model for its customer agencies in a phased approach. The Enterprise IT Transformation initiative involves building a highly qualified and experienced organization to support our agencies in four business domains through a shared resource delivery model. Several critical resources are being recruited to build this delivery model to improve our IT customer service, improve strategic planning with a focus on enterprise solutions and provide improved solution delivery success rates.
The Enterprise Project Manager Senior will provide guidance at a statewide (enterprise) level and be responsible for oversight and management of medium-large enterprise application and infrastructure projects and complex change management efforts. Projects will require significant governance responsibilities involving multiple departments. The Enterprise Project Manager Senior performs work at the enterprise level and across the departments within STS. This person reports to the Business Solutions Delivery (BSD) Enterprise Project Management Office (EPMO) Manager or BSD Assistant Director. Duties will include contract management, project management, organizational change management, vendor relationships, recruiting, team building, resource management, and risk/issue resolution.
- Requires an extensive background in managing large, complex projects that cross multiple business units with outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and communication skills in working with all levels in state government and any external stakeholders.
- Experience must include scheduling, establishing level of effort, resource loading and management of the project team, comprised of technical and program staff as well as contractors from one or more firms, to complete tasks within estimated time frames and budget.
- Use of PMBOK for managing projects.
- Effectively manages and monitors issues/risks. Ensures issues/risks are tracked and escalated as needed.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills with all levels of personnel and demonstrate the ability to motivate employees/teams to apply skills and techniques to solve dynamic problems.
- Effectively develop and deliver formal presentations to project sponsors and/or business process owners. Build consensus and support throughout the project lifecycle.
- Must have a bachelor's degree.
- Must have at least 7+ years large, complex IT development and implementation experience.
- 10+ years large, complex IT development and implementation experience.
- MBA or Master's degree.
- Experience working in the governmental sector (local, state, or federal).Strong IT technical background
- Experience as software developer or development manager
- Experience working with Agile software development methods
- Certification in one of the following: Project Management Professional (PMP), Six Sigma, LEAN, Business Process Management.
Pursuant to the State of Tennessee’s Workplace Discrimination and Harassment policy, the State is firmly committed to the principle of fair and equal employment opportunities for its citizens and strives to protect the rights and opportunities of all people to seek, obtain, and hold employment without being subjected to illegal discrimination and harassment in the workplace. It is the State’s policy to provide an environment free of discrimination and harassment of an individual because of that person’s race, color, national origin, age (40 and over), sex, pregnancy, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status or any other category protected by state and/or federal civil rights laws
Send resume to email@example.com