Food & Lodging
Position Description / Responsibilities
1. Recruiting, hiring, scheduling, development and training, being actively involved in the
development of existing staff in delivery techniques, food presentation, policies and
2. Follow up on assigned tasks.
3. Supervise all staff.
4. Maintain inventory of products and services to current and potential Guests.
5. Support action plans and schedules to identify specific targets to achieve goals.
6. Establish and maintain a positive relationship with potential and existing Guests through
ongoing support and service.
7. Communicate with potential and current Guests through phone, email, and personal
8. Maintain inventory and place orders as needed.
9. Ensure high quality product and services for all Guests.
10. Manage and maintain all equipment in designated areas.
11. Motivate and lead the team.
12. Develops staff.
13. Execute and enforce company policies and procedures.
14. Continuing education is expected from every individual on the Chef’s Market team.
15. Develop and maintain Chef’s Market quality menus and specials.
16. Offers assistance to the sales, logistics, kitchen and service team.
17. Oversees the training of catering kitchen personnel in safe operation of all kitchen
equipment and utensils.
18. Plan and price menu items. Establish portion sizes and prepare standard recipes for all
new menu items.
19. Oversees the preparation and service of food and beverage.
20. Offers guidance to kitchen staff on the preparation, cooking and presentation of different
foods for both catering and the restaurant.
21. Enforces a health and safety standard in the kitchen and service areas.
22. Handles any problems that may arise.
23. Helps in ensuring customers are served efficiently and effectively.
24. Supervising and managing all staff.
25. Monitor/manage food waste and control food cost and usage by following proper
requisition of products from storage areas, product storage procedures, standard recipes
and waste control procedures including checking and maintaining proper food holding
and refrigeration temperature control points.
26. Fill in where needed to ensure timely and efficient operations both on premise at Chef’s
Market and onsite at Catering events which may include prep work during off-peak
27. Conducts daily shift meetings to communicate the day’s activities and assignments.
28. Expedite all event orders from the kitchen to ensure accuracy and timeliness of delivery
by the catering events team including both on premise pick-up orders and off premise
drop-off orders and staffed events.
29. Work as liaison with the Events team to ensure 100% Customer Satisfaction for all Chef’s
Market catering orders.
30. Establish food cost goals and action plans to achieve goals.
31. Be familiar with MSDS binder to ensure that OSHA standards are met.
32. Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through
personal inspection. Ensure that preventative maintenance programs are followed.
33. Work with the Supervisors to make employment and termination decisions including
interviewing, hiring, evaluating and disciplining catering kitchen personnel as appropriate.
34. Work with Supervisors to provide orientation of company and department rules, policies
and procedures and oversee training of new catering kitchen employees
35. Prepare all required paperwork including production sheets, forms, reports (including
First Report of Injury), and work schedules in an organized and timely manner.
36. Lead Daily and BEO meetings as assigned.
37. Be knowledgeable of Chef’s Market policies regarding personnel and administer prompt,
fair, and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules
38. Oversee in training kitchen personnel in cleanliness and sanitation practices.
39. Oversee in maintaining appropriate cleaning schedules for catering kitchen floors, mats,
walls, hoods, walk-in coolers, walk-in freezers, as well as all other food storage areas.
40. Provide safety training in first aid, CPR, lifting and carrying objects and handling
hazardous materials as assigned.
41. Attend all scheduled employee meetings and bring suggestions for improvement.
42. Assist in ensuring that team member activities result in a health score of 95+.
43. Develop and maintain safety, sanitation and quality standards.
44. Other duties are assigned as needed.
CULINARY AND CREATIVE RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Staying current with culinary trends, dining out and exploring other markets.
2. Oversee and assist with the production of food and performance of chefs.
3. Oversee the set up of food displays and daily features.
4. Maintain organization of walk-ins and storage.
5. Stay up to date on all ordering and receiving systems.
6. Oversee and manage the kitchen during prep and service ensuring that service runs
7. Handle all guest concerns and suggestions pertaining to the kitchen and food.
8. Promote safety and proper sanitation amongst all staff. Ensure that all staff and
managers are trained and follow department of health protocols. Ensure all managers
are certified with the department of health.
9. Oversee kitchen/building facilities to ensure safety and functional operations ranging from
culinary equipment to building infrastructure.
10. Develop ideas, recipes and menus for the restaurant.
11. Responsible for the development of the Sous Chefs in leadership, training, and technical
12. Responsible for identifying and developing talent within BOH staff to promote and
develop talent with-in.
1. Attend regular BEO meetings and take an active role.
2. Attend regular meetings with Chef’s Market Upper Management - Goodlettsville.
3. Follow-up with Guests to ensure satisfaction.
4. Provide continual support to the entire Service Team.
5. Assist in maintaining proper paperwork on all team members.
6. Motivate and lead the team.
7. Develop staff, systems and menus.
8. Execute and enforce company policies and procedures.
9. Maintain Payroll and books for regular audits.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
1. Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required. This is normally acquired through a
high school diploma or equivalent.
2. Excellent computer skills with emphasis in Word, Excel & Google. Catering programs are
3. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are a must.
4. Food handler’s certification is required.
5. Experience in a high volume kitchen and off premise catering is required.
6. Must have thorough knowledge of techniques, methods and equipment used in preparing
and cooking high quality food on a large scale required
7. Goal oriented.
8. Sales driven.
9. Customer service focused.
10. Visibility requires maintaining a professional appearance and providing a positive
company image to the public.
11. Work requires occasionally running a delivery. This requires the possession of a valid
state driver’s license and personal insured vehicle.
12. Must be able to pass Background and Drug checks.
13. Job responsibilities are subject to change at the discretion of the Business Manager or
14. Must be able to work in any restaurant or catering kitchen position and be able to train
15. Complete knowledge of the POS, including end of day reports.
16. Cash management.
17. Nightly secures the building.
18. Oversees and manages the cleanliness and sanitation of all areas of the catering kitchen
including the exterior.
19. Working knowledge of Chef’s Market Procedures.
20. Working knowledge of control of food waste and food cost.
Primary responsibility is to create “the Chef’s Market difference” with cuisine and service that
exceeds the Guests’ expectations and to provide strong leadership while delivering cost goals
and living our vision and values. You will be responsible for delivering culinary and service
standards that live up to our renowned reputation by establishing standards for menu content,
ensuring execution of menu content, and establishing and maintaining show quality and
presentation standards. It will be your responsibility to achieve food costs, labor, supply and
Guests’ experience goals.
We are looking for an experienced, talented and creative Executive Chef to join our
award-winning TEAM. Working closely with your team, the successful Executive Chef should
bring with them a wealth of creative knowledge and an eye for detailed presentation. By using the
best ingredients, the Chef should be at ease with both upscale and casual off-premise catering
events and know how to bring the best flavors to the dish. The successful Executive Chef should
have a highly impressive career background, having built their expert understanding within only
the most revered and regarded restaurants and catering companies in the Nashville area.
Alongside your operational culinary talent, we need the successful chef to have an inspirational
management style and be exceptionally passionate about the development of their team. You will
be working side by side with your team. We are searching for an excellent addition to the family
and a truly exciting opportunity for the successful Executive Chef to be a part of.
Experience: 7-8 years of previous related experience. Valuable work experiences include managing food
and labor costs, developing and pricing menus, leading a culinary team and demonstrating food
email Kate Parrish at email@example.com