EXECUTIVE ADMIN ASSISTANT 2-8511
State of Tennessee
Position Description / Responsibilities
The Compliance and Policy Group within the Division of TennCare is seeking an Eligibility Policy Analyst to work in the Eligibility Policy Unit. The Eligibility Policy Analyst reports directly to the Eligibility Policy Director. This position is responsible for the research, interpretation, development, and implementation of eligibility policy. This can include answering inquiries related to eligibility policy from various stakeholders, maintaining eligibility policy manuals, and ensuring Tennessee Eligibility Determination System (TEDS) facilitates accurate eligibility determinations.
- Researching federal and state Medicaid eligibility policy
- Coordinating with various stakeholders to ensure TEDS facilitates accurate eligibility determinations
- Provide eligibility policy guidance to various stakeholders
- Monitoring developments in federal and state Medicaid eligibility policy
- Conducting complex policy analyses
- Maintaining and creating written policy materials
- Communicating complex policy to various stakeholders
- Creating and maintaining properly formatted, error free, legally accurate TennCare eligibility rules
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in public policy, health policy, public administration, or a health-related field;
- A minimum of 3 years of full-time professional experience doing policy work in federal or state government, an academic institution, or a state-level health-related agency;
- Strong research skills, including the ability to locate and analyze documents and synthesize information from multiple sources in order to respond to policy issues and questions;
- Strong writing skills.
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize, multi-task, and manage workload to meet specific timeframes and deadlines;
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
Apply Here: TN,gov/careers