Executive Administrative Partner
Big Brothers Big Sisters Middle Tennessee
HR, Office & Administrative Support
Position Description / Responsibilities
General Job Description: We’re looking for an equally ambitious and skilled administrative professional to help us achieve our mission. You’ll support the leadership in our growing operations at our office in Nashville. You’ll serve as an administrative business partner to the CEO and COO and your work will enable this leadership team to maximize the productivity by making it easier for them to collaborate and connect, anticipating the needs of your executives and help them stay focused on their projects by resolving operational and administrative issues before they arise. This position will work collaboratively with all departments within the organization.
• Understand organizational priorities and identify process improvements to create efficiency and scale for the leaders and teams
• Proactively manage leadership calendars and email with strong attention to accuracy, detail, and allocation of time to promote productivity and anticipate the need to re-prioritize as appropriate. Ensure the leaders’ schedules are respected and act as a "gatekeeper" for them
• Identify operational weaknesses and help refine processes or develop new ones
• Anticipate current and future needs while creating detailed action plans to get ahead of them
• Duties will include the following: purchasing office supplies, working with vendors, taking detail notes at all board meetings, creating presentations and special projects
• Take ownership of projects by managing logistics for training, events, meetings, and more
• Handle inquiries quickly, proactively, and follow through on tasks to successful completion
• Deep knowledge of all Microsoft Suite applications
• Collaborate with other members of the operations team to provide seamless support
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Have 2+ years of administrative assistant, executive assistant, or similar experience managing and supporting one or more senior leaders and/or large teams
• Ability to prioritize business needs and make adjustments and adaptations as needed
• Proactive and motivated to iterate on current processes and build efficient systems
• Technologically savvy with the ability to quickly adapt to new applications and tools
• A self-starter who can determine priorities and make tradeoffs when needs change
• Demonstrate discretion and sensitivity with confidential information
• Incredible attention to detail especially when it comes to written communications, projects, and presentations
• Professional polish in both internal and external interactions and the ability to exhibit grace and composure under pressure
• Committed to collaboration and teamwork
• Understand the highly flexible nature of support work and be comfortable being available as needed
• Driven by our mission and know that supporting the leadership of the organization is critical to its success
Big Brothers Big Sisters is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job. Other duties as assigned.
Send cover letter and resume to:
email@example.com with “Your Name- Executive Business Partner” in the subject line.
No phone calls please. Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.