Executive Assistant to the COO
Tennessee Hospital Association
Business & Professional Services , Health Care , HR, Office & Administrative Support
Position Description / Responsibilities
Seeking a highly organized, detail-oriented administrative professional with excellent communication skills and comfort with technology to provide administrative support to the Executive Vice President/Chief Operating Officer.
Provides high-level administrative support to the Executive Vice President/Chief Operating Officer, (EVP/COO) handling both internally and externally focused day-to-day and project-oriented responsibilities. In the absence of the Senior Executive Assistant to the President, provides administrative support to the THA President.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
- Schedule and coordinate daily activities for the EVP/COO, including appointment calendar, travel planning, and meeting arrangements.
- Assist with meeting and presentation preparation by organizing materials and preparing/editing PowerPoints and other documents as needed.
- Provide organizational support to EVP/COO around invoices, contracts, and other documents requiring EVP/COO review, approval, and filing.
- The ability to adapt to a changing work environment and meet challenges presented throughout the day.
- Assist EVP/COO with outreach and responses to external audiences as needed. Communicate promptly and professionally with all stakeholders.
- Follow up with other members of the THA staff as needed in order to obtain information for the EVP/COO and/or ensure timely completion of requests from the EVP/COO.
- Provide administrative support to the EVP/COO for ongoing projects.
- In the absence of the Senior Executive Assistant to the President, provide administrative support to the THA President.
- Write frequent memos, emails, letters, etc.
- Complete the EVP/COO’s expense reports and provide appropriate expense documentation to the accounting department.
- Screen and sort mail. Copy, scan, and file correspondence as needed.
- Assist the Senior Executive Assistant to the President in compiling information for the THA Board of Directors as requested, including meeting materials for the chairman and key senior management staff and board orientation books for new board members.
- Must be available during regular office hours unless job responsibilities require otherwise.
- Must be able to sometimes work extended hours and sometimes with short notice.
- Must be available for out-of-town travel approximately 2 percent of the time, including overnight.
MARGINAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Run work-related errands, so must be able to drive an automobile and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Provide support to other departments as needed.
- Serve as backup to the receptionist at the switchboard as needed.
ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE: (Positions reporting to the role)
GUIDANCE & DIRECTION: (Policies, precedents or procedures that guide the position’s work)
- THA Employee Handbook
- THA Code of Conduct
Educational and Experience Requirements Needed to Perform the Duties of the Job:
Bachelor’s degree plus at least two years of work experience in a similar position or at least four years of work experience in a similar position required.
Skills Required to Perform the Duties of the Job:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent computer skills with extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- The ability to make travel arrangements via the internet and make changes with very short notice.
- The ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- The ability to maintain confidential information regarding THA members and employees.
- Dependability and flexibility.
- Great organizational skills and the ability to work effectively on multiple projects simultaneously.
- The ability to maintain good working relationships with both THA staff and hospital staff members at all levels of the organizations.
- The ability to respond to requests and inquiries from the THA membership and employees in a timely manner and with an exceptionally positive attitude.
- Excellent time management skills.
Please apply through