Habitat for Humanity of Greater Nashville
Finance & Accounting
Position Description / Responsibilities
Directs the financial management and analysis operations of the agency – including Mortgage Administration and Delinquency Management; Budgeting, Forecasting and Financial Planning; Treasury Management; Risk Management; Debarment and OFAC Management; Audit Support; Asset Transaction Management and General Financial Management Support.
This position reports to the CFO, and supervises the Mortgage Administrator.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
Mortgage Administration and Delinquency Management
· Responsible for oversight and quality control of all job responsibilities performed by the Mortgage Administrator.
· Direct Delinquency Committee meetings and related reporting requirements.
· Responsible for obtaining and reconciling the monthly THDA/FAHE and Pinnacle payment loan detail reports, including tracking mortgages that payoff each month.
· Responsible for mortgage and discount maintenance in FICS database and generation and archiving of monthly reports.
· Reconciliation of all mortgage related accounts in FICS to the underlying bank reports and the general ledger. Responsible for identifying difference and taking appropriate action to reconcile outstanding issues
Budgeting, Forecasting and Financial Planning
· Responsible for budgeting and forecasting of agency operating performance.
· Responsible for cash flow forecasting.
· Work with Homeowner Services to produce Pro Formas for the CFO, CEO, Executive Committee, and Board for the various home sales and repurchase situations that present themselves.
· Management of level of funds maintained in separate bank accounts.
· Ensure donated stock is sold immediately and liquidated in brokerage account, with proceeds transferred into operating bank account.
· Transfer SHOP and grant funding in a timely manner so that grant requirements are met.
· Manage the agency’s wire transfer process including ensuring proper approvals are secured and records maintained.
· For land acquisition transactions in particular, ensure that records of wire transfers are properly filed in the agency folder structure to support grant documentation.
· Responsible for agency insurance (auto, liability and workers comp) administration including competitive insurance renewal quote process at least two months before insurance policies renewal.
Debarment and OFAC Management
· Perform Anti-Money Laundering and OFAC quarterly database comparison for HFHGN donors, vendors, employees and homeowners.
Asset Transaction Management
· Manage fleet vehicle acquisitions
· Manage agency REO and market sales
General Financial Management Support
· Responsible for the Quarterly Affiliate Statistical Report made online to HFHI.
· Timely preparation and filing of forms 8283/8282 and 1098C.
· Maintain the online Dun & Bradstreet account for the agency and produce status reports.
· Renew non-profit and tax exempt status and memberships with the state yearly.
· Responsible for preparation of all other managerial related reports needed for the delinquency, accounting, budgeting, or finance communications of the agency.
· Assist in preparation and execution of the annual financial audit.
· Responsible for spearheading the annual 990 reporting process, working with management, staff, and external auditing firm.
· Maintain CPA certification, including CPE credits
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
· Must possess the accounting principles knowledge necessary to perform key responsibilities.
· Must possess strong data processing capability including excel, FICS, MIP, and Salesforce.
· Regular attendance, attention to detail, coordination, follow-up, and ability to understand and enforce accounting guidelines and procedures is required.
· Must be able to stay focused and maintain concentration for extended periods of time.
· Possess the ability to meet scheduled deadlines for duties.
· Must be able to work with others and resolve disputes when necessary.
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance or relevant experience required
· Ten years experience in Finance/Accounting
· CPA preferred, or other relevant experience.
Must be familiar with MIP Fund Accounting Software, Excel, FICS, Salesforce, and Crystal Reports. Must have strong working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). Must be organized, have high work productivity, and work well with others and be able to work with a team. Must have strong moral and business ethics.
This position will require 40+ hours per work week. Satisfactory attendance is required.
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Nashville is a TN Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified and interested candidates need to submit a cover letter, resume and three references to: email@example.com
414 Harding Place
Nashville, TN 37211