Fiscal Director 1
State of Tennessee
Finance & Accounting
Position Description / Responsibilities
Tennessee Department of Finance and Administration
Division of Accounts – Finance & Administration supporting Enterprise IT
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Salary Range $5,756.00-$9,211.00 (based on qualifications and experience)
Career Opportunities Available in Tennessee State Government
Job Overview Summary:
The Fiscal Director provides fiscal, administrative, policy and strategic leadership for the divisions under Enterprise IT (EIT) including Strategic Technology Solutions (STS), ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning), and Business Solutions Delivery (BSD). The incumbent will be responsible for fiscal planning and management; monthly reviews with divisions; development of policies, procedures, and operational standards. This position will serve as a subject matter expert and develop staff into subject matter experts. The Fiscal Director will report to the Director of Fiscal Services, STS and Billing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Track and manage spending levels; ensure proper allocation and encumbrances of funds and project spending levels; and ensure compliance with State policies for over $300M.
· Collaborate with EIT leadership to review budgets and personnel projections.
· Supervise, train, and provide strong leadership to the accounting team ensuring compliance with GAAP.
· Serve as a subject matter expert on accounting policies, procedures, and systems for internal and external business partners.
· Ensure the timely and accurate payment of invoices and recording of account receivables.
· Review and maintain the monthly checklist and reconciliations to ensure all transactions are recorded and reviewed timely.
· Participate in the monthly analytical review of financial results with EIT leadership.
· Lead the fiscal team’s annual review of cost models and cost model methodology for EIT.
· Coordinate and complete as required all state-wide year-end closing tasks on or before established deadlines.
· Create and maintain documented accounting standard business practices and procedures as needed.
· Assist in the completion of the annual risk assessment and related corrective action plan when required.
· Develop performance evaluation goals and desired work outcomes for assigned subordinates to evaluate and develop job performance.
· Effectively communicate with program management to provide value and service to F&A.
· Assist with special projects.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor's degree in accounting, or a related acceptable field with at least 24 semester hours in accounting and experience equivalent to five or more years of full-time professional fiscal services and/or auditing work including, at least, one year of experience in the supervision of fiscal and/or auditing staff.
OR Qualifying full-time professional fiscal services and/or auditing experience may be substituted for the required education, on a year-for-year basis, to a maximum or four years (e.g., experience equivalent to one year of full-time work in professional fiscal services and/or auditing may substitute for one year of the required education).
OR Current certification as a "Certified Public Accountant" or license as a "Public Accountant" with the State of Tennessee may substitute for the required bachelor's degree and one year of full-time professional fiscal services and/or auditing work, there being no substitution for the required supervisory experience.
Additional graduate course work credit received from an accredited college or university in business administration, accounting or related acceptable field may substitute for the required experience on a month-for-month basis to a maximum of one year, there being no substitution for the required supervisory experience (e.g., an additional 36 graduate quarter hours in one or a combination of the above listed fields may substitute for one year of the required non-supervisory experience).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Intermediate excel skills with the ability to analyze and summarize data through the use of formulas and pivot tables.
· Experience with PeopleSoft and Oracle systems is preferred but not required.
· Experience with Internal Service fund accounting is preferred but not required.
· Experience with cost modeling is preferred but not required.
· Certified Public Accountant license is preferred but not required.
· Strong communication skills with the ability to provide data driven solutions through critical thinking.
· Strong knowledge of GAAP and financial internal control systems.
Pursuant to the State of Tennessee’s Workplace Discrimination and Harassment policy, the State is firmly committed to the principle of fair and equal employment opportunities for its citizens and strives to protect the rights and opportunities of all people to seek, obtain, and hold employment without being subjected to illegal discrimination and harassment in the workplace. It is the State’s policy to provide an environment free of discrimination and harassment of an individual because of that person’s race, color, national origin, age (40 and over), sex, pregnancy, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status or any other category protected by state and/or federal civil rights laws.
Only candidates who meet the minimum requirements for the position will be interviewed.
Please send resume and contact information to: email@example.com
For more information please contact:
Sandy S Blackwell 615-253-2798 firstname.lastname@example.org