Fiscal Director 2
State of Tennessee
Finance & Accounting
Position Description / Responsibilities
Tennessee Department of Finance and Administration
Division of Accounts
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Salary Range $6,044.00-$9,670.00 (based on qualifications and experience)
Career Opportunities Available in Tennessee State Government
Job Overview Summary:
The Fiscal Director manages the general ledger, reporting, and accounts receivable accounting processes for the Department of Human Services. The Fiscal Director reports to the Department Controller and services the Department of Human Services as part of the F&A centralized accounting initiative.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Supervise, train, and provide strong leadership to the general ledger, reporting, and accounts receivable accounting team ensuring compliance with GAAP and federal reporting guidelines.
· Serve as a subject matter expert on accounting policies, procedures, federal regulations, and systems for internal and external business partners.
· Establish and maintain accounting and business processes.
· Produce monthly and adhoc financial reports and provide informative financial analysis.
· Review and maintain the monthly checklist and reconciliations to ensure all transactions are recorded timely, and are accurate and complete.
· Run queries in Edison (PeopleSoft) and utilize excel skills to ensure journals are appropriately recorded in the general ledger.
· Monitor bills and laws to determine financial impact on programs and grants, budget modifications, and impact on internal policies and procedures.
· Oversee the development and revisions to the Department’s cost allocation plan
· Develop performance evaluation goals and desired work outcomes for assigned subordinates to evaluate and develop job performance.
· Assist in the year-end close process ensuring deadlines are achieved.
· Effectively communicate with program management to provide value and service to the Department of Human Services.
· Assist with special projects and develop accounting processes as part of the system modernization initiative at the Department of Human Services.
· Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting, or related field. Experience equivalent to five or more years of full-time professional fiscal services and/or auditing work including, at least, two years of experience in the supervision of fiscal and/or auditing staff
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Intermediate excel skills with the ability to analyze and summarize data through the use of formulas and pivot tables.
· Experience with PeopleSoft and Oracle systems is preferred but not required.
· Strong communication skills with the ability to provide solutions through critical thinking.
· Strong knowledge of GAAP and financial internal control systems.
Only candidates who meet the minimum requirements for the position will be interviewed.
Pursuant to the State of Tennessee’s Workplace Discrimination and Harassment policy, the State is firmly committed to the principle of fair and equal employment opportunities for its citizens and strives to protect the rights and opportunities of all people to seek, obtain, and hold employment without being subjected to illegal discrimination and harassment in the workplace. It is the State’s policy to provide an environment free of discrimination and harassment of an individual because of that person’s race, color, national origin, age (40 and over), sex, pregnancy, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status or any other category protected by state and/or federal civil rights laws.
Please send resume and contact information to: Carmen.M.Lowe-Harris@tn.gov
For more information please contact: Carmen Lowe-Harris 615-532-3545 Carmen.M.Lowe-Harris@tn.gov