Front Desk Supervisor
North Point Hospitality Group
Food & Lodging
Position Description / Responsibilities
Summary: We are caring. We are hosts. We delight. We are professionals. At North Point Hospitality (NPH), we serve our guests and each other with enthusiasm and warmth. We are dedicated professionals and we reflect the tradition of hospitality excellence. As part of the NPH team, the Front Desk Supervisor leads a team of Front Desk Agents who are responsible for guest check-in and check-out. He/she ensures proper staffing levels for the Front Office area and participates actively in creating a memorable guest experience by greeting guests warmly, addressing guest needs in a timely and professional manner, and performing tasks that contribute to a positive guest experience. He/she is responsible for the accurate maintenance of the guest billing function and proper handling of sensitive guest information. Additionally, the Front Desk Supervisor contributes to a positive employee experience for Front Office staff by providing coaching and support and acting as an advocate where required.
- Greets and welcomes guests upon arrival.
- Manages guest check-in, check-out and billing processes.
- Handles sensitive guest information including room assignment and credit card/cash transactions.
- Responds to guest inquiries, ensuring that complaints or requests are handled timely and with sensitivity.
- Meets all in-service requirements, complies with all system policies and procedures.
- Creates and communicates staffing schedule; ensures proper staffing levels for each shift.
- Works with Front Desk Manager to train and develop Front Desk Team Associates.
- May respond to escalated guest complaints; provide counsel to Front Desk Agents on responding to customer needs/ complaints.
Supervisory Responsibility: Supervises the work of Front Desk Agents
Professional work environment with uniform or professional dress; requires frequent computer-based work and high level of interaction (written and verbal) with both internal and external customers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
Frequent use requiring close vision, repetitive motion; bending; frequent standing, walking, reaching, occasional lifting up to 10 lbs
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School diploma; Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- 3 years’ experience in hospitality, customer service or similar environment
- Hospitable approach to both external and internal customers
- Accuracy/Attention detail
- Time Management
- Problem solving
- Ethical Practice/ Handling sensitive information
Front Desk Supervisor, Marriott Tri-brand, Nashville