Fulfillment Production Associate (41423)
Manufacturing , Warehouse
Position Description / Responsibilities
Nom Nom is improving the lives of dogs and cats everywhere. One meal at a time.
We deliver real, restaurant-quality meals every month prepped, mixed and portioned in our very own kitchens. Personalized all the way down to the calorie, each meal is formulated to meet the unique needs of every pet we serve. Our Board Certified Veterinary Nutritionist® and staff of world-class scientists make sure of it, researching, studying and innovating nonstop to ensure maximum nutrition from all of our recipes while advancing pet health at large.
Were a team of pet lovers (duh), complacency crushers (you bet) and doggedly-determined experts (woof) that pride ourselves on serving up the best food possible for our four-legged family.
We take absolute ownership over everything we do, persistently pushing one another toward creative solutions to complex problems. With a healthy serving of fun when time permits. (Time always permits.)
Thats why we are looking for energetic, passionate, and confident employees. Are you up for it?
Fulfillment Production Associate Responsibilities:
Focuses on safely and efficiently producing healthy fresh food for pets, and all associated prep & cleanup.
Manages and runs inventory; keeps equipment stocked with food and lanes clear for product dispensing; controls quality and metric tracking using a spreadsheet .
- Responsible for helping to maintain a clean and organized production area.
- Setup and breakdown of equipment in the bagging room. Includes all aspects of adherence to human safety and food safety SOPs.
- Manually filling the flow racks with grey totes of finished product by SKU.
- Ensure efficient mechanical running of packaging (film and labels) material changeovers, wiping seal zones and visually inspecting mixed food in the meals
- Attention to detail to catch product defects. Includes seal, vacuum, label placement, and lot code information which can slow or stop production, or cause a decline in quality. Some repetitive action pushing meals through the smashers
- Counting and stacking meals into grey tote. Lifting grey totes into combos. Scanning QR codes and entering weights into excel spreadsheet
- Transferring combos from the packing station to the holding area using a walkie stackie.
- Opening and recycling packages with packaging quality issues for rework.
- Running daily equipment checks to prevent human injury, equipment damage, and downtime.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement initiatives in order to increase performance.
- Assist with training new employees.
- Adhere to NomNomNow work rules, GMPs, PPEs, Safety processes, procedures and rules as well as; comply with OSHA Safety and Health rules.
- Perform other duties as assigned or needed.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, WORK EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Some experience in food manufacturing or machine operation is required.
- Must be flexible to work weekends and other shifts as needed (including overtime).
- Able to work as a member of a team, communicating clearly with others, raising concerns, talking through ideas, and buying into final decisions.
- Able to meet the physical requirements of the position requiring heavy lifting up to 50 lbs., pushing/pulling up to 500lbs on pallet jacks, carrying tools and supplies, kneeling, stooping, climbing, and standing on feet for up to 6 hours continuously.
- The department has a combination of work in a freezer and outdoor conditions. The freezer is -2 degrees. You will be required to work full shifts in the freezer on rotation with your team members. On the days you are not in the freezer you will work in outdoor conditions.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Long pants
- Long sleeves
- Ski caps
- Thick socks
- Long pants
- Weather appropriate attire