YWCA Nashville & Middle Tennessee
1608 Woodmont Blvd. Nashville, TN 37215
Position Description / Responsibilities
We are actively searching for a Grants Manager to add to our team! The responsibilities are varied, and you will be working with multiple associations and staff members.
If you have experience working with grants, finance, and stewardship, are an amazing multi-tasker, thrive while working independently, learn new programs quickly, are ridiculously organized, and would list strategizing and implementing programs for member and revenue growth as some of your best skills, we want to hear from you!
This position will develop and maintain the grant management cycle for the YWCA. The process includes researching, writing/editing, submitting and tracking proposals, award planning, reporting, and stewarding public and private grant funders.
Relationships and Contacts:
Within the organization: Initiates and maintains frequent contact and close relationships with leadership team, data team, and finance team.
Outside the organization: Initiates and maintains frequent contact and close relationships with funders, government agencies, donors, volunteers and other stakeholders.
- Manages all aspects of the grant application process, including researching, writing/editing, compiling supporting documents, submitting, and tracking grant proposals.
- Works with program leadership, finance, HR, and data personnel to define goals, objectives, outcomes, scope, feasibility, and program design.
- Researches best practices and community needs.
- Identifies new corporate, foundation, and government sources of funding.
- Initiates, maintains and cultivates communication with prospects and funders.
- Attends preliminary and informational meetings relevant to grant development, submission and/or on-going reporting, as appropriate.
- Maintains annual timetable for cultivation, grant submissions, stewardship, and reporting.
- Manages post-award activities, including facilitating outcome and financial data tracking with appropriate staff and any other activities necessary for grant compliance and reporting.
- Documents grant funder data, outcomes and relevant feedback in donor database/grant calendar for effective grants management and tracking.
- Manages the process of gathering and submitting progress reports as required by funders.
- Provides stewardship to funders, collaborating with program leaders and communication team to ensure appropriate recognition of funders.
- Maintains Raiser’s Edge database to track all funding opportunities, grants written, awards, and stewardship efforts.
- Update the agency’s Givingmatters and GuideStar profiles with current, complete information.
- Maintain current body of knowledge of the YWCA.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree plus two to three years of documented experience in grant writing, or comparable writing experience. A proven track record in program development is preferred.
- Ability to talk or hear; sit; stand; walk; reach; climb or balance; and stoop
- Ability to perform tasks which involve the ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work on a daily basis up to 25 pounds
- Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard or workstation
- Work environment is usually quiet to moderate
- Position requires incumbent to have a personal vehicle, valid driver’s license, vehicle insurance and a clear driving record for the last three years.
- Exceptional attention to detail with high level of follow through
- Effective at presenting numerical data to a variety of audience needs.
- Strong interpersonal skills; excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Maintains credibility through sincerity, honesty, and discretion.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with internal and external constituents
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong time management skills; uses time effectively; consistently meets deadlines.
- Strong project management skills.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
- High level of detail and accuracy.
- Exercises good and consistently fair judgment, courtesy, and tact in dealing with the staff and public in giving and obtaining information.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- Ability to write clearly and succinctly to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to analyze and interpret Requests for Proposals (RFP), manuals, guidelines, and contracts to optimum effect.
- Ability to work with math concepts, in relation to budgets and statistics.
- Ability to synthesize complex ideas quickly and in accessible fashion, verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated proficiency with all Microsoft Office applications.
The YWCA of Nashville and Middle Tennessee reserves the rights to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the organization desires. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “At-Will.” The aforementioned job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities.
Thank you for your interest in the Grants Manager position with YWCA of Nashville and Middle Tennessee. Please use this link to apply: https://www.paycomonline.net/v...