Guest Relations Manager
Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum
Arts, Entertainment & Media
Position Description / Responsibilities
Position Title: Guest Relations Manager
The Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum: The Guest Experience and Admission Analytics department
The Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum has an opening for a full-time exempt Guest Relations Manager
Company Overview: Located in the heart of downtown Nashville, the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum documents and interprets the history of country musica musical genre and culture central to the identity of the city, the state, and the nation. Accredited by the American Alliance of Museums, the museum proudly combines subject expertise, ambitious research, and preservation of an unparalleled collection with expressions of creativity in music, art, and history. The museum collects artifacts that illustrate the evolving history and traditions of country music while providing diverse learning opportunities. The core exhibit follows the story of country music from its folk beginnings through its emergence as a commercial art form. Rotating exhibits examine a broad range of topics, from country classics to ultra-contemporary and emerging artists in American Currents. The museum owns Hatch Show Print, a letterpress print shop opened in 1879, and it operates Historic RCA Studio B, where Elvis Presley and many others recorded.
Departmental Overview: The Guest Experience and Admission Analytics department is responsible for ticket sales for the Museum, Hatch Show Print Tours, Historic RCA Studio B Tours, and other publicly ticketed events and programs. It manages staff that impacts the guest experience, such as but not limited to box offices, Information Desk, Membership Desk, greeters, tour guides, reservationists and ushers all while providing excellent customer service and attaining revenue goals.
Job Overview: Reporting to the Director of Guest Experience & Admission Analytics, this position requires a strong leader with the capability to be equal parts service driven and analytical with a background in guest services, sales, operations/logistics and most importantly, staff management. Experience includes managing a sales/operations team of approximately twenty and co-manage a frontline staff of over fifty. While working closely with the Sr. Guest Experience Manager, requires managing multiple initiatives in a very fast-pace environment while working with staff and other departments throughout the organization to ensure the guests experience is top of mind. Must be a critical thinker who is able to implement plans and make important and quick decisions with ease and little guidance. Help foster a team mindset and positive work environment is essential.
Specific Job Duties:
- Manage the daily ticketing operations for all POS on the frontline.
- Be the point of contact and expert user for this areas Tessitura needs through understanding reporting and processes.
- Work with other key areas to ensure the evolution of Tessitura to help support staff needs, growth and industry changes.
- Oversee daily operations of the Guest Relations frontline staff within the department with specific focus on the Box offices and Information/Membership desk.
- Assist with managing logistics and traffic flow in public spaces.
- Assist and motivate staff to hit upsells goals (St. B, Hatch Tours, and Audio Tours).
- Assist with strategic planning and establishing best practices for the area.
- Oversee training, and foster a positive customer-service & sales work environment for relative area.
- Create Operation-related handbook and guidelines for money handling.
- Work with Tourism Sales department on new sales initiatives, promotions, and other tasks that impacts the area.
- Work closely with IT, the Ticketing Services and Reservations Mgr. and our Admission Analyst on the growing needs of the area as well as new processes that can help us utilize the system as intended.
- Help provide effective and consistent communication between leadership and staff.
- Assist with staff payroll as needed.
- Assist with scheduling process to ensure 7 days a week coverage to include but limited to the Museum, St. B Tours, Hatch Show Print Tours, special programs, and third party events.
- Represent this areas scope of responsibilities in meetings as needed and build strong working relationships with other departments to ensure a productive environment.
- Understand, train and execute safety and security procedures.
- Other duties as needed.
- Bachelors Degree
- 3 years of experience in the hospitality and tourism field
- Experience working in the Tessitura software.
Essential Competencies (Knowledge, Skills and abilities needed for success in the position):
- Must have experience in staff management with the ability to effectively coach and motivate.
- Strong leadership skills and presence while maintaining a collaborative, positive team environment.
- Ability to multi-task without a lot of direction is critical.
- Strong decision-making skills
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Ability to anticipate, adapt to ever-changing environment, manage expectations along with a great deal of initiative is essential.
- Basic knowledge of accounting fundaments is a must.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office with an emphasis on Excel.
- Must be very organized as well as work well under time constraints while meeting multiple deadlines and keeping a positive attitude.
Conditions of Employment:
- Required to work flexible hours to include some evenings as needed for certain events, and weekends.
- Must be able to walk and stand for long periods of time.
Notes to Applicant:
- Due to the high volume of applications received for this positions hiring managers may only contact you if they are interested in scheduling an interview. Please refrain from calling to inquire about your status in the search.
- Please upload a resume, cover letter, when you applying for the position
- Applications are only accepted online on our career page https://countrymusichalloffame...