HR Assistant - Part Time (Benefit eligible)
City of Gallatin
Position Description / Responsibilities
The City of Gallatin Human Resources Department is currently accepting applications for a part time Human Resources Assistant. The purpose of this position is to provide administrative support to the Human Resources Director on all personnel matters. Performs intermediate skilled clerical and responsible administrative work preparing employee records and files and providing clerical support requiring a qualified word processor; does related work as required. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Human Resources Director. This is a 25 hours per week, permanent position. Day shift. Starting salary is $17.11 per hour + excellent benefits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
1. Maintains all records in the HR Department (personnel records, master filing index, documents status changes, and reviews records for accuracy).
2. Answers the telephone and assists employees and public with their questions.
3. Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions and/or directing them to the appropriate person within the department.
4. Maintains terminated employee files.
5. Assists Human Resources Director with various research projects and/or special projects.
6. Performs a variety of tasks related to internal and external job postings.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Thorough knowledge of standard office practices, procedures, equipment and secretarial techniques. Thorough knowledge of business English, spelling and arithmetic. General knowledge of the organization and functions of the department; ability to keep office records and to prepare accurate reports from file sources; ability to perform and organize work independently. Ability to operate a computer and word processor and to type at reasonable rate of speed (50 wpm or more).
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school and considerable experience in secretarial and office work. Experience in records management preferred.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS AND DEADLINE: Interested persons must apply on-line at www.gallatinonthemove.com. Click Employment at the top of the webpage and follow the instructions. See the full description on our website. The deadline to submit an online application is June 9, 2017. EOE.