HR Business Partner
EMF Broadcasting, K-LOVE/Air1
HR, Office & Administrative Support
Position Description / Responsibilities
As a Sr. HR Business Partner, you will be responsible for strategic HR projects, be a resource for HR related questions or concerns, and be responsible or participate in HR services such performance management, compensation programs, training and development, and employee relations. This opportunity will be on-site located in our Franklin, TN offices.
What will you be doing?
- Playing an influencer role within Human Resources which is both working in a Sr. HR Generalist capacity and participating the day to day activities within HR operations.
- Partnering with the other HR Business Partner to impact the achievement of ministry objectives by identifying, planning, managing, and executing employment and human resources strategies, policies, and procedures to ensure team member development, productivity, growth, engagement, and legal compliance.
- Assuming responsibility and provide oversight, initiative and project management for human resources services including employee relations, performance management, compensation programs, and training and development.
- Proactively managing employee relations issues, representing the ministry and team members in a positive and professional manner. Train management and staff during the process of issue resolution, taking advantage of learning opportunities.
- Developing and implementing compelling programs and initiatives that communicate and reinforce our culture and values. Programs may incorporate media – video as well as social media initiatives.
- Work with the VP of People and Organizational Development on performance management including supporting the training, coaching, and related HR systems and functions.
- Ensure a high level of customer service to staff, field and local team leaders and team members, in all interactions.
- Playing a lawyer…ok, maybe not quite, but your grasp on state and federal labor law is strong! A bonus if you are well versed in TN law
- Partner with the HR team as needed in leave administration and all the HR things.
You’ll catch our attention if you have these skills and experience.
- Minimum 5-10 years’ experience in Human Resources. PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CPC or SHRM-CP preferred
- BS/BA Degree, or combination of education/training with relevant experience.
- Demonstrated passion for our mission and values.
- Experience developing and implementing HR programs and initiatives from scratch to delivery, could be training and development, compensation, performance management, etc.
- At least 3 years in a training and development role or as part of your role. Creating trainings, executing trainings & follow-up.
- Strong project management and leadership skills with the ability to manage and implement multiple projects concurrently.
- Experience and proven ability to successfully manage and coach through complex employee relation issues.
- Proven ability to work as part of a high customer service, fun, and performance oriented team.
- A collaborative and flexible style, with strong service mentality.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop sincere business/ministry relationships.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- High degree of initiative; strong problem solving skills.
- Experience within a multi-state environment and 500+ staff. Non-Profit experience preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).