HUMAN RESOURCES DIRECTOR 4-EXECUTIVE
State of Tennessee
Business & Professional Services , HR, Office & Administrative Support
Position Description / Responsibilities
The position oversees the delivery of HR solutions, including employee lifecycle events, employee relations, classification and compensation, performance management, protected leave, and workplace safety. The HR Director reports to the Assistant Commissioner of HR, Talent Management, Learning & Development, and will be responsible for planning, leading, developing, and coordinating the policies, activities, and staff of the 30-member HR division, ensuring legal compliance and implementation of the agency's mission and talent strategy.
- Enable business unit leaders to anticipate and proactively manage the workforce capacity and capability needed to meet the agency¿s mission.
- Organizational structure planning and deployment.
- Proactively maintain budgeted headcount through analysis of staffing trends.
- Partner with agency leaders and legal staff to ensure sound employee relations decisions.
- Review and evaluate requests for corrective and disciplinary actions to ensure fairness, accountability, consistency, and compliance with policy.
- Oversee complaints of harassment, discrimination, bullying, and other workplace issues.
- Oversee Performance Management (PM) process, including document creation, reassignment.
- PM tracking, reporting, communicating at each step in the PM process.
- Oversee HR services to support employee lifecycle events, including hiring, onboarding, payroll, leave and attendance, benefits, separation and offboarding.
- Risk Management
- Identify and analyze HR-related risks; plan and implement response to prevent, avoid, transfer, or mitigate.
- Oversight of HR Compliance (OSHA, Workers¿ Comp, FMLA, ADA Accommodation, EEO); address work environment, fair work practices, injuries.
- Policy and Procedure Administration
- Consistent application, interpretation, and administration of Department of Human Resources rules, policies, procedures, and processes.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Human Resources or related field.
- Human Resources professional certification preferred (PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, IPMA-CP).
- Minimum of five (5) to seven years of progressive HR experience, including at least 2 years of leadership experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to proactively build positive relationships with stakeholders at all levels, both internal and external.
- Strong business acumen with proven history of managing and directing complex HR operations and providing strong leadership in a team environment.
Apply Here: WWW.TN.GOV/CAREERS