Human Resources Manager
HR, Office & Administrative Support
Position Description / Responsibilities
The Human Resource Manager will direct and execute on the daily functions of the Human Resources (HR) department including benefits administration, employee relations, assisting with hiring and interviewing staff, and enforcing company policies and practices.
We may be biased, but we think HR is the best job to have because we have the greatest employees to work with! In this role, your job is to work across disciplines to ensure that as we grow, the culture, community, and values grow with us. We’ve fostered a group of the best and brightest in Nashville and beyond, and we’re seeking an experienced HR Manager to help us prosper even more!
As a member of the Administration team, you’ll work closely with the Director of Human Resources, Office and HR Coordinator, Controller, and middle managers across the business to retain and grow our award winning team. Additionally, you’ll provide HR support to three other diverse organizations that operate under our employee holding company, The 615 Group.
- Partner with the management team to execute the company’s human resource and talent strategy, specifically as it relates to training and retention.
- Provides support and guidance to the Director of Human Resources, management, and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise
- Administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and terminations.
- Provides support to the talent acquisition process, which may include recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants
- Analyzes trends in compensation and benefits; researches and proposes competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent.
- Creates learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees.
- Oversees employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Provides oversight to office operations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- A minimum of three years of human resource management experience is required, preferably in multi-location companies
- Experience in organizations with at least 100 employees
- Bachelors’ degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field; or equivalent experience
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Proficient with G-Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS and talent management systems, Namely and Jazz.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization's facilities.
To be considered, apply here.