Metro Nashville Airport Authority
Mechanical , Airlines and Aviation
Position Description / Responsibilities
The Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Mechanic is responsible for troubleshooting, repairing, installing, and maintaining HVAC equipment, refrigeration equipment, and other components. Other responsibilities include operating and performing general maintenance on numerous heating and air-conditioning systems, ventilation equipment involving computerized Building Automation Systems, and other related mechanical equipment for performance efficiency and calibration.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoots, repairs, and installs HVAC electrical, electronic, hydraulic components, and pneumatic control centers.
- Performs preventive maintenance on all HVAC and ventilation equipment to maintain compliance with service, warranty, and maintenance standards.
- Completes written reports and maintains daily log to document maintenance and repairs of HVAC systems, and energy management systems.
- Maintains and operates the HVAC systems by utilizing a Building Automation System (BAS).
- Interacts with customers regarding heating and air conditioning complaints.
- Reads charts, gauges, levels, and temperatures for all systems and accurately documenting data as required.
- Operates computerized preventative maintenance program.
- Operates chiller compressors (reciprocating and centrifugal), cooling towers, and related equipment.
- Performs start up, shut down, inspections, and performs preventative maintenance on cooling towers systems, pumps, valves, etc.
- Performs chemical analysis of chiller loop water and condenser water treatment system and accurately prepare reports.
- Responds to alarms, identify malfunctions or abnormal operations of equipment and facilities, and make necessary adjustments and/or emergency repairs.
- Assists vendors and contractors where needed.
- Maintains regular and on-time attendance.
- Follows all safety regulations.
- Supports MNAA's commitment to its culture and values, including Respect, Integrity, Service and Excellence (RISE).
- Performs other duties as assigned.