In-Home Coordinator, FiftyForward Victory Over Crime
Community & Nonprofit
Position Description / Responsibilities
FiftyForward is currently seeking candidates interested in joining our team as the full-time Victory Over Crime In-Home Coordinator.
Older adults experience the same crimes as the rest of the population, including financial victimization, neglect, and physical, sexual, or emotional abuse. However, they may be less likely to recover from their victimization, and are often sought out because of their age and decreased likelihood of reporting. The FiftyForward Victory Over Crime program supports older adults who have been victimized by crime through support, case management, legal advocacy, connection to counseling, and community referrals.
The Victory Over Crime In-Home Coordinator provides one-on-one assistance with developing and implementing safety plans, accessing community resources, and navigating the legal system to help program participants regain their independence and plan for their safety to prevent future harm.
Job responsibilities include:
- Administer functional assessments; develop and implement care plans, including safety plans
- Navigate criminal justice system and community resources on behalf of customers
- Educate customers on independent living skills
- Perform outreach/marketing functions with Victory Over Crime team
The successful candidate will have a:
- Passion for serving people and a willingness to embrace the mission of FiftyForward
- Desire to support equity and inclusion of all individuals
- Positive and coachable attitude
- Demonstrated interest in, sensitivity to, and experience in assisting older adults and their caregivers
- Demonstrated understanding and ability to navigate the complexities of the criminal justice system
- Willingness and ability to collaborate and consult effectively with customers, service providers, volunteer groups, family members and significant others
- Knowledge of, and ability to teach independent living skills to survivors of crime
- Bachelor's degree in social services or a related field; training in criminal justice advocacy is a plus
- 1 to 3 years of experience working in the social service related field
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office 365
Go to FiftyForward's Careers Page to apply.