INTERIOR DESIGN PROJECT MANAGER
State of Tennessee
Government , Other
Position Description / Responsibilities
How you make a difference in this role:
The Department is currently seeking a qualified individual to assist in overseeing STREAM interior design projects within DGS. The individual in this role will be assisting in the responsibility for all aspects of the planning, budgeting, and execution of interior design projects for designated customers in all 95 counties of the state.
- Assist with projects of average difficulty through the full lifecycle by performing initial planning, scheduling, issue identification, resource and vender management, communication efforts, product procurement, deliverable definition, change orders, finish selection, on-going risk management, and project closures.
- Assist with preparing space utilization and layout design plans using Computer Aided Design (CAD) to develop and prepare project specific drawings and specifications for furniture, telecommunications, electrical, and other equipment.
- Determines technical project requirements, design specification, and concepts. Review building spatial for code compliance. Performs field measuring, concept studies, test fits, furniture inventory, and BOMA calculations.
- Assists with developing project milestones through obtaining and reviewing cost estimates and project schedules.
- Assists with developing project budgets and writing justification of estimated total project costs to submit for approval. Reviews and approves expenditures of projects to ensure appropriate and estimated budget constraints are met.
- Obtains move information from clients to coordinate and schedule the furniture, equipment, surplus, and necessary elements to be transported. Assists in maintaining, compiling, and submitting all necessary documentation for closing efforts to ensure appropriate deadlines are met.
- Communicates with designated cliental regarding project timeline, status, and finalizations. Keeps consistent communication with vendors, lessors, internal and external business partners, landlords, and tenants. Utilize internal tracking systems to ensure communication is distributed within department. Attends regulatory meetings as appropriate for assigned projects.
- Maintains knowledge of existing facilities, client standards, industry requirements, mandated codes, policies, and procedures. Apply the rules of regulations related to governing the acquisition, construction, and/or alternations of leased or state-owned spaces. Regularly refers to ADA handbook as needed. Maintains frequent communication with the State fire marshal office for all state projects.
Completion of a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and 3 years of relevant interior design experience in one or a combination of the following: architecture; evaluating and planning the renovation, construction, and installation of building system components; interior and construction space planning.
Experience working with Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe, Archibus, and ProjectSpec preferred. Superior organization, problem solving and negotiation skills. Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills
For more information and to apply go to: www.tn.gov/careers