Internal Audit Data Analyst
State of Tennessee
Business & Professional Services , Government
Position Description / Responsibilities
Tennessee Department of Treasury
The Tennessee Department of Treasury impacts the lives of Tennesseans every day. Treasury is responsible for many of the financial operations of state government, including managing more than $50 billion in assets through its various investment programs. We administer the State’s Retirement Program, RetireReadyTN, which combines the state pension plan, Tennessee Consolidated Retirement System, and the State’s Deferred Compensation plan. Treasury serves all Tennesseans by helping to educate and empower them to make smart financial choices, and by providing public-serving programs in the areas of college savings, financial literacy, unclaimed property, criminal injuries compensation, and more.
The Department currently has two open positions. Internal Audit assists management with achieving agency goals and objectives by conducting assurance and consulting services to identify areas where Treasury can improve operations and manage risk.
· Conducts audits of operations, reviews of divisional structures, controls, policies, and procedures.
· Performs data analysis and continuous auditing using Audit Command Language (ACL) software and related Governance, Risk & Compliance (GRC) reporting structure.
· Conducts departmental and functional area risk assessments.
· Investigates irregularities and recommends corrective actions.
· Conducts special projects at the request of management.
· Ensures the Treasury’s records and performance meet the requirements set forth by rules and regulations, State of Tennessee Statutes, Audit Committee guidelines, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and the Institute of Internal Auditor’s Code of Ethics and Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (SPPIA).
· Intermediate knowledge of data analysis solutions such as Audit Command Language (ACL), Microsoft Access and/or SQL.
· Solid knowledge in areas of data analysis, accounting, or auditing with the ability to work independently.
· Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a major in data analysis, auditing, or computer sciences.
· 2-4 years of similar or related experience.
· Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) is preferred.
· ACL ACDA certification is preferred.
· Experience with Tableau is preferred.
Pursuant to the State of Tennessee’s Workplace Discrimination and Harassment policy, the State is firmly committed to the principle of fair and equal employment opportunities for its citizens and strives to protect the rights and opportunities of all people to seek, obtain, and hold employment without being subjected to illegal discrimination and harassment in the workplace. It is the State’s policy to provide an environment free of discrimination and harassment of an individual because of that person’s race, color, national origin, age (40 and over), sex, pregnancy, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status or any other category protected by state and/or federal civil rights laws.
To apply, submit your resume to: Treasury.Resumes@tn.gov