State of Tennessee
Position Description / Responsibilities
The State of Tennessee is seeking participants who are passionate about public service and have demonstrated leadership in their community.
The Tennessee Leaders of Tomorrow Internship Program has a mission to provide practical work experience while growing future leaders in Tennessee. Participants will gain unique insight into state government, develop important career skills, and be exposed to the value of public service.
Tennessee Leaders of Tomorrow is an 8 week program offered in the spring, summer, and fall. Interns will have the opportunity to gain a better understanding of state government and important job skills, and participate in leadership development activities, including optional speaker series and special programing at the state capitol in Nashville.
Internships are available within 23 different state departments
· Must be currently enrolled (full-time or part-time) as a degree-seeking student in their final year of study within an accredited college or university, or recently graduated within one (1) year of the internship start date OR are a veteran of the United States Armed Forces who possesses a high school diploma or its equivalent and has served on active duty--for any length of time--in the two years preceding the internship program start date.
· Must be in good academic standing (GPA of 2.5 or higher);
· Must be at least 18 years of age at the outset of the internship;
· Must be authorized to work in the United States;
· Must sign the Intern Handbook at the outset of the internship and abide by its terms;
· Must complete required Human Resources training 1 month of the internship start date
· Must be able to successfully complete a background check (if applicable for the position); and may be subject to drug testing pursuant to the employing agency’s policy.
Apply for available Internships at