State of Tennessee
901 5th Avenue North, Nashville, TN 37243
Marketing, Communications & Information Technology
Position Description / Responsibilities
Hiring Manager: Stevan Davis, Business Domain Director
Closing Date for Posting: Until Filled
Under direction of the Law, Safety and Correction Business Domain Director within Strategic Technology Solutions, is responsible for providing support across multiple functional areas supporting the Shared Resources and the domain agencies Strategic Technology Solutions IT support teams. These duties include but are not limited to: resource management (Planview, Service Now (SNOW), Information System Plan (ISP); business requirements documentation; metrics; formal status reports (LSC, STS, EPPs); SRBs and endorsements.
· Work collaboratively and effectively with the LSC Domain Shared Resources, the STS IT staff supporting the agencies, the STS enterprise organizations and staff, and with the agency’s business leaders.
· Assist the team in by developing IT solutions that enhance our customer’s ability to provide business services.
· Will monitor and report status to the Domain Director on all applications maintained for agency customers including Cloud and custom developed applications.
· QC at the direction of the Domain Director and Sr. Project Director, the Planview, SNOW, and any other reporting tools to ensure STS standards are being met and report and address the statuses promptly.
· Collaborate with the State’s Enterprise teams to confirm the Domain and agency IT support teams are following processes, meeting timelines, and that priorities are delineated and being followed.
· Assist where directed to fill gaps in BA and PM tasks.
· Attend, take notes, and inform Domain and Agency IT staff on weekly Solution Review Boards.
· Track all Domain related endorsements and keep the staff updated on status and actions required.
· Perform other duties as may be required.
- 3 years of professional level experience in information technology.
· BS/MS in Computer Science (or equivalent)
· Experience in procurement
· Experience managing budgets and resources
· Prior State government experience is a plus
· Must be knowledgeable about current server technologies and trends
· Knowledge of network security
· Prior experience working on a team of IT professionals
· Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
· Comfortable interacting with various levels of management and coworkers
· Excellent time management, organization, and prioritization skills
The State of TN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This position requires a criminal background check. Therefore, you may be required to provide information about your criminal history in order to be considered for this position.
Pursuant to the State of Tennessee’s Workplace Discrimination and Harassment policy, the State is firmly committed to the principle of fair and equal employment opportunities for its citizens and strives to protect the rights and opportunities of all people to seek, obtain, and hold employment without being subjected to illegal discrimination and harassment in the workplace. It is the State’s policy to provide an environment free of discrimination and harassment of an individual because of that person’s race, color, national origin, age (40 and over), sex, pregnancy, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status or any other category protected by state and/or federal civil rights laws.
Resumes should be submitted via email to EIT.Resumes@tn.gov