Martha O'Bryan Center
Position Description / Responsibilities
In collaboration with MOBC’s Employment team, The Family Success Network Job Developer works to recruit and align employment opportunities for MOBC families and clients. The Job Developer works to build strategic relations with employers based on community voice, market demand, and opportunities for future client growth and compensation. This position will match client gifts, talent, and skills with corresponding business partner qualifications and expectations, and conduct regular follow-ups with employer and employee after recruitment to ensure placement is the ideal fit. The Family Success Network Job Developer will also be an active participant of the Family Success Network team, supporting its efforts through community outreach, data collection and analysis, contract compliance, and insurance of two-generational Key Performance Indicators where all children are kindergarten ready, all caregivers have living wage paying jobs with ladder up opportunities, and all families are stable and thriving.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Builds relationships with “best-fit" employers across industries to understand their needs and staffing requirements for current job vacancies.
• Ensures MOBC clients are qualified for in-demand and growth positions through proper training, education, and certifications.
• Works closely with employers during participants’ employment and assist in the resolution of job-related problems and report results to appropriate FSN team members.
• Assists Employment Specialist in guiding clients towards appropriate career ladders and lattices that contribute to client’s personal progression and professional goals.
• Actively makes effort to seek out and to maintain meaningful relationships with business and industry representatives and job placement agencies, post-secondary institutions and community organizations.
• Attends networking events, job fairs and makes cold calls to potential employers explaining benefits and employment support services provided to employers including addressing employers’ special needs.
• Works closely with FSN Employment Specialist, FSN Family Coaches, MOBC Re-Engagement Hub Coaches, and the rest of the FSN Network Team to ensure program and resources alignment.
• Collects Metropolitan Nashville Davidson County labor market information regarding trends, business and industry demands, technology needs, industry-recognized credentials and available and innovative training opportunities.
• Inputs necessary information into MOBC and partner databases, maintains confidential case files, documents progress and retention employment documentation.
• Utilizes data to inform programming and analyze program utilization, progress and effectiveness.
• Regularly reports program accomplishments and develop PR strategies for highlighting program success. Prepares and disseminates progress reports; communicates status on team participation, outputs, and outcomes.