Junior Data Analyst
HQ, Office & Administrative Support
Position Description / Responsibilities
The Business Intelligence team has big plans for 2019 and beyond, and we need a great Junior Data Analyst to help us accomplish our goals. As a company, we’ve always known that data is the core of our business, but we haven’t always focused enough time and resources on this critical asset to leverage it in ways to take our business to the next level. Moving forward, we don’t just want to use our data to power our day to day lead generation efforts, we want more! We want to leverage our data to gain better insights into the technology buying market, drive more efficient conversations with technology buyers, help our sales team build programs for our clients that will produce the highest quality leads, and ultimately offer our data in new and innovative product offerings (not just as the engine powering the lead gen machine).
As a Junior Data Analyst, you’ll be responsible for ensuring data requests from various teams are met quickly and accurately. You’ll be the go-to for everything from the most basic excel formatting request, to the more complex SQL queries needed to access our data. You’ll coordinate the data flows from our internal systems to our internal stakeholders.
YOUR DAY TO DAY AT TA:
- Field data requests from various teams via SQL queries
- Work with our various business units to assess, prioritize, execute, and interpret short term data tasks and long term data projects
- Troubleshoot and catch errors in SQL queries that don’t produce expected results, ensuring the data or insights you provide not only meet the business need but make common sense
- Identify gaps in data collection needed to support analytical endeavors
- Communicate data nuances and insights with internal stakeholders in a clear and concise manner
- Utilize data findings to educate key stakeholders on trends and strategic implication
TechnologyAdvice is one of those places where your career can grow in just about any way you’d like. The recipe is 1 part initiative and hard work + 1 part business need and impact = new role/title/path that fits yours and the business’ goals and objectives
WHY YOU WANT US:
Do you want to learn more than you ever thought possible and have the opportunity to grow personally and professionally alongside a driven team? We can guarantee that, plus:
- Comprehensive health insurance (medical, dental, vision, life and disability)
- 401k Retirement Plan with match
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Weekly Career Development Meetings for your first 60 days
- Gym Membership reimbursement
- Bucket List Benefit
- Team Outings and Volunteer Opportunities
- Professional development opportunities and incentives
- Catered lunches 4 days a week
- Birthday celebrations
- Coffee, soda, snacks, ping pong, and beer on Fridays
TechnologyAdvice is dedicated to educating, advising, and connecting buyers and sellers of business technology. As a trusted resource in a variety of technology verticals, the company helps buyers improve their businesses and vendors find their customers. Through unbiased research and crowd-sourced product reviews, TechnologyAdvice provides the insight that buyers need to find the right technology.
Additionally, the company’s unique demand generation programs help vendors improve product awareness by placing matched solutions in front of qualified technology buyers. TechnologyAdvice is based in Nashville, Tenn., and was named to the Inc. 5000 list of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies in 2014, 2015, 2016, & 2017.
Pre-employment screening required.
- Experience with SQL is a must
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, and have the ability to multitask
- Ability to demonstrate supportive relationships with peers, clients, partners, and corporate executives
- Must be flexible with a “can do” attitude and have the ability to remain professional under high pressure situations
- High level of initiative, self-direction and accountability for actions
- Excellent time management and planning skills are essential
- Ability to retain and protect confidential material
- Ability to thrive in a reactive environment
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience in Business Analytics preferred
- Salesforce Admin experience is a plus
- Tableau experience is a plus