Kitchen Production Associate (41410)
Manufacturing , Warehouse
Position Description / Responsibilities
Nom Nom is improving the lives of dogs and cats everywhere. One meal at a time.
We deliver real, restaurant-quality meals every month prepped, mixed and portioned in our very own kitchens. Personalized all the way down to the calorie, each meal is formulated to meet the unique needs of every pet we serve. Our Board Certified Veterinary Nutritionist® and staff of world-class scientists make sure of it, researching, studying and innovating nonstop to ensure maximum nutrition from all of our recipes while advancing pet health at large.
Were a team of pet lovers (duh), complacency crushers (you bet) and doggedly-determined
experts (woof) that pride ourselves on serving up the best food possible for our four-legged family.
We take absolute ownership over everything we do, persistently pushing one another toward creative solutions to complex problems. With a healthy serving of fun when time permits.
(Time always permits.) Thats why we are looking for energetic, passionate, and confident employees. Are you up for it?
Focuses on safely and efficiently producing healthy fresh food for pets, and all associated prep & cleanup.
Manages and runs weighing and mixing equipment; keeps equipment stocked with food and lanes clear for product dispensing; controls quality and metric tracking using a spreadsheet .
- Responsible for helping to maintain a clean and organized production area.
- Setup and breakdown of equipment in the kitchen room. Includes all aspects of adherence to human safety and food safety SOPs.
- Documenting raw lot codes and turning paperwork into Supervisor/FSQA.
- Ensure efficient mechanical running of material changeovers
- Attention to detail to catch product defects. Including discoloration and quality. Heavy lifting up to 40lbs of raw material. Emptying raw material boxes into clean lexans following the mixing SOP for each recipe.
- Transferring lexans of raw material, oils, and supplements into the mixers following the mixing SOP. Heavy lifting up to 60lbs of raw material.
- Transferring mixed food from the mixer to the weighing station and recording the weights into excel.
- Moving all used equipment to the COP room for sanitation. .
- Running daily equipment checks to prevent human injury, equipment damage, and downtime.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement initiatives in order to increase performance.
- Assist with training new employees.
- Adhere to NomNomNow work rules, GMPs, PPEs, Safety processes, procedures and rules as well as; comply with OSHA Safety and Health rules.
- Perform other duties as assigned or needed.
- Competitive salary and a stake in the company
- PTO and Sick Time
- Sponsored 401k program with employer match up to 4%
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental and vision
- Discount on Nom Nom for your fur babies
MINIMUM EDUCATION, WORK EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Some experience in food manufacturing or machine operation is required.
- Must be flexible to work weekends and other shifts as needed (including overtime).
- Able to work as a member of a team, communicating clearly with others, raising concerns, talking through ideas, and buying into final decisions.
- Able to meet the physical requirements of the position requiring heavy lifting up to 50 lbs., pushing/pulling up to 500lbs on pallet jacks, carrying tools and supplies, kneeling, stooping, climbing, and standing on feet for up to 6 hours continuously.
- The department is ambient temperature. It can get up to 100 degrees in the summer and 35 degrees in the winter. There is no moving air due to food safety concerns. You must be able to work in these temperatures for an entire shift
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Long pants
- Short sleeve shirts
- Breathable or moisture wicking material in the Summer in the Winter you will want long sleeves and a sweatshirt
*We provide all safety equipment and boots