LTSS Reports Analyst
State of Tennessee
HR, Office & Administrative Support
Position Description / Responsibilities
LTSS Reports Analyst
(Managed Care Specialist 3)
TennCare is Tennessee's managed care Medicaid program that provides health insurance coverage to certain groups of low-income individuals such as pregnant women, children, caretaker relatives of young children, older adults, and adults with physical disabilities. TennCare provides coverage for approximately 1.3 million Tennesseans and operates with an annual budget of approximately $12 billion. It is run by the Division of TennCare with oversight and some funding from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
WHY WORK AT TENNCARE?
TennCare’s mission is to improve the lives of Tennesseans by providing high-quality cost-effective care. To fulfill that purpose, we equip each employee for active participation and empower teams to communicate and work collaboratively to improve organizational processes in order to make a difference in the lives our members. Because of the positive impact TennCare has on the lives of the most vulnerable Tennesseans, TennCare employees report that their work provides them with a sense of meaning, purpose, and accomplishment. TennCare leadership understands that employees are our most valuable resource and ensures professional and leadership development are a priority for the agency.
JOB AND DEPARTMENTAL OVERVIEW
Long-Term Services and Supports (LTSS) is one of the largest units within TennCare with a team of highly capable staff who are committed to leading the ongoing development and operation of an innovative, sustainable, person-driven long-term services and supports (LTSS) system in which older adults and people with disabilities and/or chronic conditions have choice, control and access to a full array of high quality services and supports that assure optimal outcomes, including independence, health and quality of life.
- Analyze reports from managed care organizations and other state agencies, conduct contract research, review compliance reports and submitted information, perform report analysis, and assist with special projects. Ultimately, this information assists with maintaining and improving quality within the LTSS system.
- Design, review, summarize, and manage report deliverables allowing any interested party the ability to ascertain the contractor’s performance at a glance.
- Design, implement, collect, and review contract deliverables necessary to assess the contractor’s compliance with the waivers and the contract.
- Identify trends, research causality, and report to LTSS leadership.
- Work with LTSS leadership and other units within the LTSS Division to resolve issues as they arise.
- Assist the Director of LTSS Audits and Reports and Reports Manager with system improvements, adhoc audits, outgoing reports, and special projects.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES (AS NEEDED)
- Perform contract compliance audits, author audit reports,
- Design, review, summarize, and manage audit deliverables.
- Assist the Audit Manager with adhoc audits.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Proficient in the use of Word and Excel
- Professional appearance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to communicate in a clear, concise, logical and understandable manner
- Comfortable interacting with people at all levels of an organization
- Skilled in professional interactions around potentially conflict-filled issues
- Skilled in critical thinking, providing input for system improvement (quality and efficiency)
- Demonstrated ability to see projects through to completion with minimal oversight, problem solve in unanticipated situations, manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and adhere to priorities set by supervisor as well as being able to re-prioritize tasks as needed
- Ability to exercise sound judgment
- Knowledge of CHOICES and ECF CHOICES programs;
- Work experience in or with Medicaid, Managed Care, or other related health insurance organization or programs
- Experience with reviewing large sets of information in reports.
JOB LOCATION: Nashville, Tennessee
Position Status: Executive Service
Pursuant to the State of Tennessee’s Workplace Discrimination and Harassment policy, the State is firmly committed to the principle of fair and equal employment opportunities for its citizens and strives to protect the rights and opportunities of all people to seek, obtain, and hold employment without being subjected to illegal discrimination and harassment in the workplace. It is the State’s policy to provide an environment free of discrimination and harassment of an individual because of that person’s race, color, national origin, age (40 and over), sex, pregnancy, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status or any other category protected by state and/or federal civil rights laws
HOW TO APPLY: Qualified candidates should send their resumes along with a cover letter detailing their minimum salary requirements by October 30, 2019.