Metropolitan Nashville Airport Authority
Position Description / Responsibilities
The Maintenance Dispatcher is responsible for answering calls, creating work orders, and coordinating repairs with maintenance department. Other responsibilities include following up with contractors and staff regarding maintenance, coordinating fire system operations with contractors and maintenance teams when a system is impaired, distributing hot work permits and fire system red tags, and monitoring the lift-net system to identify elevator and escalator failures.
- Responds to phone calls, records information, and creates work orders requests.
- Controls distribution of building keys to contractors and staff, and follows up regarding keys not returned in a timely manner.
- Distributes hot work permits and red tag impairments and coordinates fire system operations with contractors and maintenance teams as required.
- Answers emergency calls and coordinates repairs when necessary.
- Coordinates and controls maintenance functions and service to call-in requests to assure prompt response.
- Notifies proper authorities regarding fire system impairments.
- Notifies state inspector if injuries occur on an escalator, and coordinates authorization to get the escalator back in service.
- Performs inspection of Airport Operations Area (AOA) ramps and checks for debris.
- Reminds contractors of safety and security requirements.
- Dispatches maintenance personnel during emergencies.
- Inspects airport facilities and creates work orders to correct deficiencies.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Driver's license, Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) clearance, and secure ramp driving certification required. Postsecondary training in computers, customer service, and/or building operations preferred. One to three years of dispatch, radio communication, customer service or related experience preferred.
For a complete job description and to apply, visit: flynashville.com/careers A kiosk is available in the Human Resources Department located on the fourth floor of the terminal.