North Point Hospitality Group / Marriott Tri-brand, Nashville
Food & Lodging
Position Description / Responsibilities
Summary: We are caring. We delight. We are hosts. We are professionals. At North Point Hospitality, we serve our guests and each other with enthusiasm and warmth. We are dedicated professionals and we reflect the tradition of hospitality excellence. The Maintenance Technician performs scheduled preventive maintenance in guest rooms, meeting rooms, and /or public spaces as required, including but not limited to touch-up painting; touching up furniture; ensuring that all necessary hardware and appliances are present in the room and in working order; replacing light fixtures; inspecting and repairing grout and caulking; patching holes in drywall; performing other miscellaneous minor repairs. The maintenance Technician may also flip/inspect mattresses, clean carpets or upholstery or move furniture as needed. It is expected that the Maintenance Technician will immediately report any serious maintenance problems, unusual findings, or safety hazards to the supervisor /manager.
- Follows guest room preventive maintenance checklist
- Completes room preventive maintenance and ensures that on completion the room is clean and all materials removed
- Performs basic repairs including but not limited to replacing light fixtures, repairing grout, caulking, tightening loose toilet seats, performing minor plumbing/electrical repair, painting or wall repairs
- Interacts with guests and addresses guest needs in a timely and supportive manner
- Reports any serious maintenance issues, findings or safety issues immediately to the manager/ supervisor
- Complies with quality assurance expectations and standards
- Min High School Diploma. Pool, HVAC, electrical, or plumbing certification desired
- Experience in general repair and maintenance of HVAC and other mechanical equipment; knowledge of general maintenance skills: eg: carpentry, painting
- Attention to detail
- Timeliness and reliable attendance
- Critical Evaluation
- Service-minded approach
Professional work environment with frequent interactions with guests/ clients. Uniform dress may be required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job: Ability to frequently lift up to 50 pounds, stand, squat, crawl.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.