Manager, Creative Services
Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce
Community & Nonprofit , Marketing, Communications & Information Technology
Position Description / Responsibilities
Creative Services Manager will lead concept development, branding and visual execution of integrated marketing and advertising campaigns, providing support for internal departmental communications with all audiences, including Chamber members, prospective members, government officials, media and more. The Creative Services Manager is responsible for developing strategic, omni-channel design concepts for print and digital marketing and promotional materials for an extensive list of Chamber programming and initiatives. Examples include websites, print collateral, logos, brand style guides, digital advertising, email templates, environmental graphics, signage, and event collateral. This role provides guidance and direction to others who develop visuals within the organization.
- Provide creative direction for entire line of Chamber services and programs. Develop creative concepts that meet the business objectives of the organization and advance the brand strategy through print and digital advertisements, brochures, invitations, reports, campaigns, event signage, social media graphics, e-newsletters, logos, web graphics, etc.
- Protect the Chamber brand by ensuring all marketing and communications materials have a consistent look, tone, and feel. Enforce brand standards and revise brand guidelines as needed.
- Support strategic marketing and communications decisions keeping the integrity of the brand intact. Help plan and execute organization-wide marketing efforts.
- Enhance visual appearance of the Chamber’s online presence, including the Chamber website, landing pages and microsites, digital advertisements, newsletters, and social media profiles. Collaborate with marketing and communications team to create visually compelling user experiences.
- Work with the marketing and communications team to prioritize projects across multiple clients using project management platform to track project progress for internal and external communication needs. Provide recommendations on timelines and best practices for target audiences and usability.
- Review the quality of the design work undertaken by the marketing and communications team on a regular basis to ensure work meets project and brand standards.
- Provide guidance, training and approval of graphics, photography and design created by other staff members.
- Evaluate, track and report on project outcomes using results to inform future campaign and marketing decisions.
- Manage multiple projects from concept through completion. Work alongside project owners to develop a schedule that effectively allocates time and resources. Monitor project progress and adjust as necessary to ensure successful completion.
- Responsible for project consultation and presenting general concepts and designs to internal and external stakeholders.
- Oversee design budget, support requests for vendor proposal bids, print estimates, purchase orders, and invoice payments.
- Manage and maintain the Chamber inventory of collateral. Organize and archive all creative files under the approved shared file-naming system.
- Maintain and develop relationships with Chamber-member vendors to support outsourcing needs. Supervise and guide creative vendor partners to generate high-quality, timely project deliverables.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree in graphic design, marketing, advertising, a related field, or equivalent work experience is required.
- 3-5 years of experience in a corporate, in-house, agency or similar work setting is required.
- Strong online portfolio showcasing a variety of professional print and digital work demonstrating exceptional graphic design principles and technical expertise is required for consideration.
- Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, XD, and Lightroom) required. Experience with Adobe After Effects and Premier Pro preferred. Knowledge of Mac platform is expected. Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite as most clients are PC users.
- Understanding of user experience, website design and email marketing preferred, including knowledge of emerging trends in digital media and an aptitude for learning new technology. WordPress, Unbounce, Squarespace and Emma or similar email automation platform preferred. CSS and HTML are a plus.
- Photography, videography, and video editing experience preferred.
- A wide degree of creativity and flexibility is expected in order to create unique, effective designs that meet the needs of each project.
- Communication and problem-solving skills are crucial. Must be able to communicate ideas visually, verbally, and in writing. Must have an eye for detail
- Exemplary customer-service skills, including the ability to meet deadlines and respond quickly to changing workplace needs.
- Strong leadership, collaboration and decision-making skills are necessary. Must be committed to working as part of a team and able to establish strong internal and external working relationships.
- Ability to think strategically and provide innovative ideas for improvement of marketing efforts that benefit all audiences and maintain brand integrity.
- Actively contributes to brainstorming/concept development sessions and translates high-level, large-scale marketing campaign concepts and initiatives into tangible creative.
- Maintains, curates, and organizes photo, video, and graphics libraries. Ability to retouch, color-correct and manipulate images required.
- Ability to maintain strong vendor relationships with printers and external creative contractors.
- Ability to remain organized and manage and prioritize a varied and busy workload. Accuracy and attention to detail when finalizing designs and packaging files for print or archiving purposes.
Submit cover letter, resume and portfolio to https://form.jotform.com/22185...