Manager, Member Value
Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce
Community & Nonprofit
Position Description / Responsibilities
The Manager is responsible for the day-to-day execution of strategies and tactics that provide value to Chamber members. In collaboration with the VP, member value, this position is responsible for implementing member value initiatives that increase overall membership and retention. Direct contact with members is required through one-on-one discussions and calls which ultimately results in the engagement and retention of members, as well as the positioning of members as volunteers within the organization.
• Execute strategies for member value initiatives, including member engagement, small business growth and affinity programs.
• Develop strategies and oversee execution for Area Advisory Councils, Strategic Networking, Pick Your Place and Affinity and Member-to-Member discount programs.
• Develop and manage the programmatic content of the above programs, and work with events team to ensure events meet Chamber standards.
• Serve in a support role for: Business Studio, Small Business Advisory Council, Community Partnerships and President’s Table.
• Support member value team and events team to implement Member Orientations.
• Work with Director, business growth initiatives on creating content for Small Business Hub newsletter.
• Assist VP, member value in evaluating member value initiatives on an annual basis to ensure effectiveness.
• Work with the Chamber’s marketing and communications team for marketing needs such as website, social media, graphic design, printed collateral, broadcast e-mails and newsletters.
• Maintain awareness of the Chamber’s current initiatives in order to leverage the work for member engagement opportunities.
• Communicate with all levels of business leaders, and meet personally with members as needed, to ensure they are choosing appropriate engagement roles for their desired goals.
• Assist the VP, member value in creating strategic engagement opportunities for member segments.
• Create, implement and manage the Chamber’s annual call for engagement to serve on committees and task forces (Pick Your Place).
• Work with coordinator, member services to ensure appropriate tracking of volunteer service through the customer relationship management (CRM) database.
• Record contact activity with members through the Chamber’s membership database.
• Meet budget expectations for member value initiatives including, but not limited to, Area Advisory Councils, Affinity Programs and Pick Your Place.
• Meet member engagement and retention goals.
• Make specifically assigned, direct calls to members securing their commitment for renewal.
Key Strategic Initiatives: Support initiatives which enhance VALUE, QUALITY, SPEED to market, AGILITY and SIMPLIFICATION to build a stronger and more sustainable organization for all members providing balance between the following:
• Support value creation through program implementation and affinity program management – 65%
• Revenue Generation – 20%
• Participation with other team members – 15%
Measures of Success
• Ensure financial performance of member value initiatives and affinity programs.
• Increase and improve the process for member engagement.
• Increase member value.
• Effective team participation.
Education and Experience
• College degree in related field, Bachelor’s degree or higher
• Minimum of three years’ experience in member relations, program management or customer service
• Experience with member-based nonprofit organization preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Exceptional relationship building and customer service skills
• Proven ability to create and achieve measurable goals
• Proven ability to communicate both verbally and in writing with all levels of business and community leaders
• Possess sound judgment and problem solving abilities and skills
• Must be a team player and work effectively with diverse interest groups
• Must be well organized and flexible to handle a variety of priorities and changing tasks
• Experience in working with and managing volunteers
• Requires attendance at events before or after normal business hours
• Proficiency in the Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Environmental Conditions & Physical Demands:
• Must have the ability to drive to appointments.
• The work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts requiring normal safety precautions
typical of such places as offices, meeting and training rooms; use of safe work practices with office
equipment; avoidance of trips and falls and observance of fire regulations.
• The work environment will require walking, standing, bending and carrying of items weighing 1-15 lbs.
Also, the employee must have manual dexterity, visual and auditory acuity.
• Some repetitive motion is involved.
For the purpose of compliance with Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), this job description does not take into account potential reasonable accommodations.
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Manager, Member Value in the subject line.
No phone inquiries, please.