Manager of Communications & Stakeholder Engagement
Tennessee Business Roundtable
Nashville, TN 37217
Business & Professional Services , Marketing, Communications & Information Technology
Position Description / Responsibilities
The Manager of Communications and Stakeholder Engagement plays a key role in advancing the Tennessee Business Roundtable’s mission, Vision for Tennessee, and organizational vision. Working with the Roundtable’s President and Board, the incumbent will focus initially on engaging the Roundtable’s member and external stakeholders through online, email and print communications and media. Highly qualified candidates will be able to demonstrate their proven ability to proficiently execute on this initial focus, and also their potential and desire – through experience and skill acquisition – to grow this position into an advanced role involving management of the Roundtable’s stakeholder groups, programs, operations, and strategies.
- Draft and execute posts to reach Roundtable stakeholders within each platform’s audience
- Create and manage a social media calendar aligned to the Roundtable’s strategic objectives
- Measure stakeholder social engagement; use data to optimize and improve reach
- Develop content for periodic blog posts; coordinate blog postings with social media
- Maintain and enhance Roundtable website pages; create new pages as directed
- Assist President in communicating with, scheduling, and organizing the Roundtable’s member groups, including its Board, Policy Councils and other groups
- Assist President in planning, promoting, and executing online and live events that engage the Roundtable Board, members and other non-member stakeholders
- Take lead role in Roundtable’s outreach to members’ communications/PR/marketing staff
Content Development & Media Relations:
- Utilize variety of writing styles to draft effective content for variety of stakeholders & media
- Work with President and consultant to forge relationships with Tennessee business and political press; leverage relationships to advance the Roundtable’s strategic objectives
- Collaborate with President/vendors on design & printing of print communications
Other Related Duties:
- Assist in developing and enhancing the Roundtable’s visual identity/brand standards, creating brand extensions for specific contexts and purposes, and/or designing graphics, logos, etc.
- Manage the Roundtable’s relationships with its communications-related vendors
- Other duties as assigned
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Post-secondary credential from accredited institution of higher learning
- 3-5 years of professional experience in an organizational communications role
- Full proficiency in use of Microsoft Office, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook
- Full proficiency in use of Wix or other website and domain management platforms
- High proficiency in use of multiple professional writing styles for business and public audiences
- Basic proficiency in use of graphic design tools – e.g. Canva, LucidPress, etc.
- Basic experience in coordinating multi-member volunteer or professional groups
Advanced Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, journalism, or related discipline strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in political science, public policy, or related discipline preferred
- Experience organizing, scheduling and/or managing multi-member boards, committees, etc.
- Experience in legislative, public policy, issue, and/or political advocacy
- Experience working with senior executives in corporate, government and/or nonprofit sector
- Experience in event/meeting coordination and/or use of online mtng. registration platforms
Desired Candidate Qualities
- Superior attention to detail, determination, and commitment to quality work product
- Commitment to contributing consistently to organizational success through self-accountability, taking independent initiative, problem identification and resolution, and process development
- Ability to organize self while also contributing organization assistance to President and Board
- Ability to collaborate on strategic/program work while independently executing position responsibilities
- Curious, creative, intuitive; eager to learn every day and contribute knowledge to benefit organization
- Positive attitude of servant leadership and professional respect for stakeholders at all levels
To apply, send resume/cover letter to Patrick Sheehy at email@example.com by May 31, 2021.
- Must submit to criminal background check
- Must provide proof of legal authorization to work in United States and of COVID-19 vaccination
- Must be able to commute to office daily and travel in-state infrequently if required by mgmt.
- Must be able to climb stairs
The Tennessee Business Roundtable is an Equal Opportunity Employer.