Manager of Direct Response
Brookdale Senior Living
Marketing, Communications & Information Technology
Position Description / Responsibilities
The Manager, Direct Response leads a team and oversees the strategy and execution of all Direct Mail and Print Media marketing programs. Manages $8M in media spend and has oversight of multiple advertising agency partners and is accountable for the strategy, planning, execution, and optimization of these programs.
- Leads a team of associates coordinating the development of direct mail and print advertising assets, versioning, proofing and other day-to-day activities, as well as ensuring opportunities for development and growth.
- Drives the annualized strategy and leads the planning, operation, and optimizing of Brookdale’s direct mail and print programs.
- Manages channel budgets, including a monthly budget reconciliation and invoice processing.
- Spearheads the design, creation, and implementation of both direct mail and print media creative. Aligns with internal teams (Marketing, Brand, Legal, Field, etc.) and Agencies, to execute campaigns.
- Drives innovation by introducing new strategies, tactics, and formats challenging the status quo using data and analytics to improve performance of the programs.
- Oversees testing and optimization strategy to include the design and measurement of complex tests, optimizing accordingly and proactively based on results to improve ROAS (Return On Ad Spend).
- Analyzes and reports results of campaigns using applicable metrics and develop/manage creative to optimize future performance. Presents campaign performance to leadership and the broader organization as an advocate for the programs.
- Processes estimates, accruals, purchase orders, invoicing and budget tracking.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business Administration, or other related fields is required. Minimum of seven years of marketing experience in direct mail or print experience with customer segmentation, database marketing, client or agency side is required. Proven track record of leadership, taking ownership, and driving results.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements None.
Management/Decision Making Uses strong analytic skills and an in-depth understanding of the organization and the business in order to handle arising problems and issues. Solves diverse problems using solid analytical skills where limited precedents/guidelines exist.
Knowledge and Skills Has an advanced knowledge of the organization, industry, and a functional discipline. Extensive understanding of technical areas gained through experience and used to complete and/or oversee assignments. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong quantitative skills and proficiency in performing analyses in Excel and presenting insights; comfortable in a data-driven environment. Ability to think and perform both tactically and strategically with excellent interpersonal and team-building skills, including experience managing high-performing teams.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
Apply directly at https://careers.brookdale.com/