Manager of Events
Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce
Community & Nonprofit
Position Description / Responsibilities
In collaboration with various departments across the organization, the Manager, Events will lead the logistics of a pre-determined set of organizational events ensuring they are accomplished with superb quality and exceed the standard of industry excellence. This position is responsible for the planning, management and execution of approximately 85 events.
- Provide primary logistics leadership and make necessary decisions for the operations of approximately 85 events annually, ensuring events stay within budget guidelines. Operational functions include planning, scheduling, logistics, cost negotiations, vendor relationships, etc.
- Work as key partner with program managers to develop vision for specified events.
- Create timelines with set deadlines for all staff involved.
- Resolve issues that arise at events and represent organization in resolving complaints while ensuring excellent customer service.
- Contribute to the strategic planning process for member value offerings and provide recommendations for improving events.
- Research event management trends and best practices from area organizations and other chambers across the country.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external audiences through various channels.
- Serve as logistics leader with autonomous decision-making for the following events: Area Advisory Councils, Business After Hours, Business Studio, Education Report Card, Leadership Connect, Member Orientation, Pick Your Place and Strategic Networking.
- Serve as the primary resource for the Director, Events for the following events: Annual Celebration, Governor’s Address, International Business Council, Leadership Study Mission, Meet the NELAs Finalists, Nashville Emerging Leader Awards, Partnership 2020, President’s Table, Tennessee on Tap, YP Nashville Leadership Series and YP Nashville Connect.
- Prioritize tasks for simultaneous events, ensuring completion of all assigned timeline tasks by previously set deadlines.
- Research, secure and coordinate the work of contracted vendors.
- Collaborate with Chamber communications team and project owner for marketing needs, including graphic design, broadcast e-mails and printed collateral.
- Coordinate and secure volunteer support for specified events.
- Oversee registration and volunteers at specified events.
- As part of the events team, serve on-site during event set-up and tear-down.
- Work with Director, Sponsorship to ensure fulfillment of sponsor contracts are fulfilled.
- Monitor event supplies; determine inventory levels and order necessary items.
- Input, retrieve and update event registration data and registration fees through computerized event management system.
- Extract registration data as needed for name badge creation and registration reports.
- Responsible for internal event organizational calendar, including sending calendar appointments to appropriate staff.
A. KNOWLEDGE/EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 2 years of experience in event coordination
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of computer programs is required
- Knowledge of event industry terminology and best practices
B. SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines through strong organization skills
- Problem solver
- Quick learner, intuitive thinker
- Eye for innovation and best practices in event management
C. ABILITIES REQUIRED (work characteristics, behaviors, leadership abilities, etc.):
- Preference for and proven success with highly detailed work
- Ability to work well under pressure and multiple deadlines
- Requires early morning and evening events
- Team player with great enthusiasm
- Professional appearance
Cover letter and resume to email@example.com.