Manager of Programs and Communication
Transit Alliance of Middle Tennessee
HQ, Office & Administrative Support
Position Description / Responsibilities
The Manager of Programs and Communication is an important position that works closely with the President & CEO in developing, implementing, and managing a wide range of projects around the initiatives of the Transit Alliance. This position provides support for the organization and is an essential contact for the Board of Directors, volunteers, vendors, donors, and partners. This position has responsibility for planning and implementing the Transit Citizen Leadership Academy (TCLA) and other programs as devised by the Board of Directors and President & CEO.
This job description is not intended to be exhaustive or all inclusive of tasks required but is to provide a general description of essential job functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Transit Citizen Leadership Academy
• Plan and implement the 6-session, 30-hour educational program, including but not limited to planning curriculum, recruiting participants, securing and coordinating with speakers, event logistics (venue, A/V, catering, etc.)
• Responsible for all related materials, including agenda, collation and design of speaker bios, class roster, communications with speakers and participants, keeping records of class cohorts
• Provides contract negotiation and review for vendors
• Initiates and implements alumni engagement opportunities and communication
Board of Director Meetings
• Supports President & CEO and Board of Directors by creating board agenda, communicating meeting notices and providing other support as needed.
Donor Development and Management
• Serves as liaison to donors and partners, including timely follow up and recognition
• Maintains all donor records and pledges and conducts follow up as needed
• Monitors and reports receivables to the President & CEO in timely manner
• Responsible for submitting all nonprofit funding requests to counties, municipalities, and foundations
• Provides support for regional meetings and other community education efforts
• Works closely with the President & CEO to help identify sponsorship prospects and other opportunities for growth
• Manages communication strategy, including social media, email campaigns, videos, etc.
• Maintains and updates all social media platforms, including website, blog, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Youtube
• Ensures donor recognition and other support on website, blog, social media, and printed
• Key contact with communication consultant
• Secures domain right annually
POSITION REQUIREMENTS and QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience
• College degree preferred, higher priority placed on skills and ability
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in program management and/or other organizational support
• Experience in nonprofit, transit, and/or planning a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Exceptional organizational and time management a must
• Relationship building and customer service
• Above average communication skills, both written and verbal
• Proven ability to create and achieve measurable goals
• Able to meet deadlines
• Possess sound judgment and problem-solving abilities
• Computer literate in programs like Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
• Software literacy in Canva, Adobe Acrobat, Animoto, etc.
Environmental Conditions and Demands
• Must have reliable transportation options, including any of the following: a personal vehicle,
carpool, vanpool, rideshare, bicycle, and/or bus
• Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts requiring normal safety precautions
typical of such places as office meeting and training rooms; use of safe work practices with
office equipment; avoidance of trips and falls and observance of fire regulations
• Work environment requires walking, standing, bending, and carrying items weighing 1-15 lbs.
• Employee must have manual dexterity, visual and auditory acuity
• Some repetitive motion involved
This exciting opportunity offers competitive salary based on experience and qualifications.
Send a cover letter and resume to:
Jessica Dauphin, President & CEO for Transit Alliance of Middle Tennessee