Manager of Shelter Services
YWCA Nashville & Middle Tennessee
1608 Woodmont Blvd. Nashville, TN 37215
Community & Nonprofit
Position Description / Responsibilities
We are actively searching for a Manager of Shelter Services to add to our team! The responsibilities are varied, and you will be working with multiple associations and staff members.
If you have experience working with children, residents, and families, are an amazing multi-tasker, thrive while working independently, learn new programs quickly, are ridiculously organized, and would list strategizing and implementing programs for member and revenue growth as some of your best skills, we want to hear from you!
This position coordinates and participates in the coverage needed for Weaver Center Crisis/Residential services, including serving as Schedule Facilitator, facilitating onboarding and continuing training for DV Specialists and supervising all PRN staff. This role also assists the Director of Crisis and Residential Services in day-to-day operations of the Domestic Violence Shelter.
Relationships and Contacts
Within the organization: Initiates and maintains professional working relationships with immediate peers, other department peers, other organization employees and immediate supervisor.
Outside the organization: Initiates and maintains professional working relationships with vendors and volunteers, as required.
1. Manages scheduling and operational issues for a 24-hour staffed crisis office, which includes both crisis hotline operation and overseeing resident interactions in a shelter setting.
2. Provides rotating on-call leadership support to DV Specialists.
3. Manages a staff of temporary workers, or PRNs; establishing relationships with these staff and coordinating logistics to fill schedule gaps in the operation of the crisis office.
4. Supervises and provides performance management of the PRN team in a consistent and timely manner.
5. Coordinates with the Director of Crisis and Residential Services in the day to day operations of the crisis office and management of the DV Specialist team.
6. Collaborates with members of Weaver management team and additional YWCA program staff to coordinate referrals and services.
7. Monitors and assists in facilitation of onboarding staff training and compliance, including Title IX, VOCA, Crest Customer Care, Trauma-informed care, proprietary YWCA training materials, and curriculum from partner agencies.
8. Coordinate and/or facilitate ongoing staff development trainings, ensuring staff are well versed in Positive Discipline models, Adverse Childhood Experiences, Trauma Informed Care practices, Verbal De-Escalation techniques, children’s enrichment activities, structural and systematic racism, and effective service delivery models. Ensures domestic services program documentation is completed accurately and timely and in accordance with grant and YWCA standards.
1. Attends All-Staff, programs, relevant community collaboration meetings and other meetings as requested.
2. Professionally represents the YWCA brand in an appropriate manner at relevant meetings and forums.
3. Ensures coordination of volunteers and interns, providing training and supervision.
4. Ensures implementation of and adherence to policies and procedures of YWCA and program services.
5. Protects resident confidentiality and confidentiality of records.
6. Provides transportation when necessary.
7. Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
Requires a bachelor’s degree in a related field of work or equivalent relevant work experience. Previous leadership and team management experience of 2 year is required. Training in crisis intervention, domestic violence, trauma-informed care preferred. Experience in managing a 24-hour residential program or related field including crisis services or shelter operations required. Must demonstrate experience working with victims of domestic violence or similar populations.
· Ability to lift or move materials with various weights up to 30 lbs.
· Ability to stand for extending periods of time.
· Ability to travel throughout community to participate in job sanctioned activities.
· Ability to speak concisely.
· Ability to move throughout the building as well as sit or remain stationary for extended periods of time.
· Must have the ability to speak, hear, sit, stand, walk, reach, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
· Tolerant to extreme noise levels: noise level in the work environment varies – may be very quiet to very loud.
· Position requires incumbent to have a valid driver’s license, vehicle insurance, a clear driving record for the last three years and use of a personal vehicle
· Ability to work extended or flexible hours, including nights and weekends when appropriate.
· CPR Certified.
· Excellent leadership skills, including leading through crisis and leading by example (servant leadership)
· Ability to maintain a rational and objective demeanor when faced with stressful or emotional situations or people and exercise sound judgement
· Effective verbal and written communication skills
· Knowledge of trauma informed care and ability to train others on this practice
· Knowledge of the cycle of domestic violence
· Knowledge of positive youth development principles and ability to work with children of all ages
· Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
· Highly organized and self-motivated, able to work efficiently on an individual basis or as part of a team
· Cultural sensitivity and experience in serving diverse populations.
· Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and ability to troubleshoot database applications
· Understanding and sensitivity of the intersectionality of race and domestic violence
· Willingness to support the mission of the YWCA and ability to convey its importance both verbally and in writing
The YWCA Nashville & Middle Tennessee reserves the rights to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the organization desires. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “At-Will.” The aforementioned job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities.
Thank you for your interest in the Manager of Shelter Services position with YWCA of Nashville and Middle Tennessee. Please use this link to apply: https://www.paycomonline.net/v...