Manager of Volunteer Recruitment and Community Engagement
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Middle TN
Community & Nonprofit , Fundraising/Development
Position Description / Responsibilities
JOB TITLE: Volunteer Recruitment and Community Engagement Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Volunteer Recruitment
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: None
FLSA STATUS: Exempt – Salary
LOCATION: Nashville, TN
BIGGER AND BETTER TOGETHER
For over 50 years, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Middle Tennessee has served young people in the Middle TN region. Our work supports our belief that every child has the ability to succeed and thrive in life. Big Brothers Big Sisters makes meaningful, monitored matches between adult volunteers (Bigs) and youth (Littles). Through our commitment to quality, innovation, and the passion we have for our work, we develop and sustain positive, life-changing relationships that have a direct and lasting impact on the lives of our youth and the adults who mentor them.
Our Mission is to create and support one-to-one mentoring relationships that ignite the power and promise of youth. As noted by our Vision, we are driven by a future in which all youth achieve their full potential.
WE ARE AN AGENCY THAT CELEBRATES DIFFERENCES
We show each other dignity through our partnerships, decisions, and language.
We intentionally engage, represent, and partner with our diverse communities.
We demonstrate our values by learning together with staff, board, volunteers, youth, families, and investors to think and act with sensitivity and intentionality.
Driven by the voice of our stakeholders, our agency develops responsive and respectful programming and builds strategic and thoughtful alliances.
We want people of all backgrounds to see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively seek to diversify our team and bring more voices to the table. We know that teams perform at their highest when they feel supported and that they belong. Each of our team members brings unique perspectives and skills, and we are committed to building a culture where voices are heard, differences are celebrated, and everyone has the opportunity to do meaningful work. At Big Brothers Big Sisters of Middle TN, you will be inspired by talented, passionate colleagues who will motivate you to do and be your best. We are bigger and better together!
About the Role
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Middle Tennessee seeks a Volunteer Recruitment and Community Engagement Manager who will support the development and implementation of comprehensive volunteer mentor (Big) recruitment strategies, foster and maintain intentional, like-minded community partnerships as well as provide best-in-class volunteer service to support our mission.
In this role, you will support agency-wide strategic priorities by assisting with increasing the volume and strengthening the diversity of volunteer mentor (Big) inquiries, completion of initial training and achievement of ready to be matched (RTBM) status.
The Volunteer Recruitment and Community Engagement Manager will cultivate and maintain relationships and identify opportunities therein to support recruitment objectives. They will have excellent presentation and partnership development skills with a robust knowledge of the Middle Tennessee corporate, private sector, community and philanthropic landscape.
Day to Day:
- Reporting to the Director of Volunteer Recruitment, support the development and implementation of strategies and tactics to deliver on volunteer recruitment objectives
- Maintain a monthly recruitment and community engagement calendar and dashboard to support the ongoing refinement of volunteer recruitment strategies
- Ensure high-quality front-line customer service contact with web-based inquiries including initial engagement, follow-up and scheduling of training
- Identify and steward key relationships within the business community, civic groups and community-based organizations to aid and advance the BBBSMT mission by developing a robust partner network and strong volunteer mentor pipeline that represents the gender, racial/ethnic, sexual orientation and cultural diversity of our mentee (Little) community
- Assist with the execution of general and customized volunteer mentor information sessions both virtually and in-person as well as plan, organize and execute volunteer recruitment and community related programming and events
- Create compelling and on-brand outreach content, presentations and promotional materials as needed with support from the Digital Marketing and Communications team members
- Serve as a proactive and creative problem-solver who brings passion, enthusiasm and innovation to the Marketing and Stakeholder Engagement Team and agency as a whole
This Job May Be For You . . .
- Demonstrated expertise in business/partnership development, community organizing, sales, volunteer recruitment or outcomes-based campaign management
- Strong interpersonal skills with natural ability to connect people with causes and engage them to take action. Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Entrepreneurial, resourceful and persistent
- Places high-value on customer service and follow through. Goal-oriented with ability to multi-task, work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines. Team player with desire to innovate and collaborate
- Strong organizational skills with ability to continuously improve systems, procedures, and protocols
- Ability to travel across the Middle Tennessee area and support events, training and information sessions during evenings and weekends as needed
- Passion for positive youth development, alignment with BBBSMT mission and vision as well as strong desire to impact our community through volunteerism and collective action
- 3-5 years of successful experience in business/partnership development, community organizing, sales, volunteer recruitment or outcomes-based campaign management and/or Bachelor’s degree in business, sales, marketing or related field
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and digital/social media platforms
- Excellent database management and presentation skills. Salesforce experience a plus
If this sounds like the position and organization for you, please submit a cover letter and resume to:
email@example.com with “Your Name- Volunteer Recruitment and Community Engagement Manager” in the subject line OR mail to
Director of Employee Experience
1704 Charlotte Ave. Suite 130
Nashville, TN 37203
No phone calls, please. Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Big Brothers Big sisters of Middle Tennessee celebrates diversity and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.