Position Description / Responsibilities
We’re looking for a Managing Editor to join our growing Content team!
ABOUT THE TEAM:
Our Content Team is focused on driving overall content strategy and execution by working as partners to all other teams within the organization.
The Core Mission of this role is to be responsible for ensuring the highest quality of content across the properties they are responsible for, which support the business and products that we offer. Content produced or sourced by a Managing Editor may have many different goals, but the most common is to drive relevant traffic to our sites, and to ensure that the intent of that traffic is aligned with our call to action (newsletter signup, affiliate click, form submission, sales demo signup, etc.) Editors are also responsible for safeguarding the authority of their web properties in their specialist area, and act as a resource and thought leader for business users.
You are a thorough, passionate, creative, resourceful, and proactive writer with insatiable curiosity to learn about the latest trends in business technology and translate them for a busy audience. You can go from novice to expert on topics with efficient, targeted research. You are an agile thinker who is focused on high-interest, high-engagement journalism with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Creates, produces, and manages the content for a group of dedicated websites
- Direct all content work while working with freelancers and writers on the team
- Experience with analyzing traffic data to develop audience strategies for an infrastructure of dedicated websites.
- Collaboration with Audience Development, Sales Enablement, Marketing and Operations Teams to support their content creation needs and ensure consistency of messaging across the company
- Provide mentorship and guidance to more junior content producers, instilling best practices across the team
- Carry out reporting and analysis of content performance along with recommendations for optimizations
- 6 years content creation experience for a technical audience, ideally for a B2B audience
- 3 years managing technology websites, including on-page SEO and site performance ownership
- Ability to determine editorial scope and direction
- Demonstrable project management experience
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Self-starter: somebody who has a positive attitude and is not afraid to roll up their sleeves, and get some work done
- Excellent communication skills: written, verbal, and visual
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build warm, long-lasting relationships with contacts at B2B SaaS firms and help them promote their brands
- High attention to detail to ensure content is thoroughly fact-checked and accurate
- Excellent analytical skills to interpret traffic and performance to draw suitable recommendations on future content
To be considered, apply here.