Position Description / Responsibilities
Founded in 2015 and headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, NomNomNow home delivers meals for dogs and cats made with the freshest, restaurant-quality ingredients—all with the convenience of automatic reorder and free shipping. NomNomNow meals are made weekly in the company’s own production facilities, individually proportioned, tailored to meet the specific nutrition needs of each pet, and ready to serve with no prep. Today, NomNomNow serves pets across 48 contiguous states.
At NomNomNow we are committed to nourishing pets and their parents alike. We are pet-loving, industry-disrupting, complacency-crushing, nutrition-focused, opinionated, passionate, delightful, and downright doggedly-determined experts. We pride ourselves on making the best food for our best friends and hold ourselves to the same high standards.
At NomNomNow we take extreme ownership in everything we do, constantly push one another to develop creative solutions to complex problems, and have a safe and fun work environment. As a start-up company, we are fast moving, ever changing, and quickly growing.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Manufacturing Technician will follow all company safety policies and procedures to ensure a safe working environment
- Develop and follow standard operating procedures to operate various pieces of high speed and/or high tech processing and packaging equipment
- Troubleshoot problems with machinery to resolve issues
- Manufacturing Technician will calibrate processing and packaging systems daily to meet required specifications
- Lead start-up, changeover and shut down of operating equipment
- Perform changeovers and End of Run cleans including disassembly and reassembly of necessary equipment
- Manufacturing Technician responsible for executing all required HACCP/Quality processes and documentation
- Diagnose and troubleshoot problems in equipment operation
- Perform preventative and breakdown maintenance
- Remove and replace motors, starters, belts, bearings, chains and other manufacturing parts
- Operate forklift equipment safely to move materials and product throughout the plant
- Participate in Continuous Improvement initiatives in order to increase platform performance
- Manufacturing Technician assists in training new employees
- Attend meetings and training as required
- Perform additional related tasks as assigned
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have the ongoing right to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must have operated high automated processing or packaging equipment in a food manufacturing facility for a minimum of 3 years
- Manufacturing Technician must have effective written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in basic computer skills
- Mechanical or electrical capability/experience
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs with or without reasonable accommodation
- Must be able to perform physical tasks for extended periods of time with or without reasonable accommodation including standing, walking, climbing, bending, pushing, pulling and twisting over surfaces
- Willing and able to work any shift schedule, including nights and weekends with or without reasonable accommodation
- Willing and able to adhere to all safety standards and wear all necessary personal protective equipment
- Willing and able to adhere to all grooming requirements necessary for a food manufacturing environment
- Able to withstand extreme hot and cold temperatures (hot kitchens, refrigeration units and freezers) with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Do you have relative experience? Send us your resume so we can get to know you!
- Interviews are scheduled regularly via e-mail.
Send resumes/inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org