Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee
Community & Nonprofit , Customer Service
Position Description / Responsibilities
We are hiring for a full-time Market Coordinator to join the Inventory & Quality Control team of the Operations department at Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee.
What you’ll do:
Summary: Market Coordinator manages the daily tasks of the “The Market” section of the Main Distribution Center where Partner Agencies shop for small volume items at reduced pricing through the mini-grocery area. Responsibilities include maintaining stocked shelving with grocery store quality appeal, assisting Partner Agencies in both their shopping activities and pick-up of staged orders as well as receiving food donations. This role is responsible for the collection of data via standard forms and minimal data processing. This position supports and fosters our deep commitment to diversity and inclusion, which is the foundation for creating a culture of belonging for all personnel.
- Provides customer service to Partner Agencies picking up their orders and shopping in The Market by greeting and guiding them through The Market processes. This includes accurately completing paperwork to document transactions and assisting Partner Agencies with loading acquired product to vehicles - either manually or by use of a forklift and/or pallet jack.
- Provides customer service to external food donors dropping off donations that need to be weighed, documented and sorted.
- Organizes, coordinates, and directs volunteers in The Market for restocking shelves, ensuring product is presentable and discards expired product.
When & Where: Schedule is Monday - Friday from 8 AM – 4:30 PM working primarily out of our distribution center in Nashville, TN. Regularly encounters inside and outside environments as well as temperature-controlled cold zones of freezers (-10 degrees) and coolers (30-40 degrees).
Is this you?
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent (ex: GED) required.
- Experience: 1+ year of related experience and/or training required with material handling equipment and technology/ computer experience. Inventory and grocery experience preferred.
- Skills: Operates power material handling equipment safely and efficiently; productive within warehouse environment that is climate controlled with seasonally ranging temperatures (warm in summer and cold in winter) and about 15% of day spent in freezer and cooler cold food storage zones; customer service and collaboration skills to work effectively with others. Listens, and asks questions to effectively learn new tasks and continually develop skillset; strong performers are cross trained in all duties, are adaptable and flexible to meet changing work demands; consistent, dependable and reliable work ethic and regular attendance; English oral and written communication abilities.
- Other requirements: our pre-hire process requires acceptable results from the following: criminal background and a pre-employment drug test. Criminal backgrounds are evaluated on a case-by-case basis considering several factors (timing, frequency, severity and job relation).
Think this sounds like a role and workplace where you would thrive? Find out more information about how to apply on our website: http://www.secondharvestmidtn..... Thanks for your interest in working for Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee. We love it here and think you will too.