Medical Assistant (EMT)
State of Tennessee
Position Description / Responsibilities
The Tennessee Volunteer Challenge Academy (TNVCA) is seeking resumes for a Medical Assistant (EMT). Under the supervision of the Registered Nurse (RN) and Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), this position is responsible for semi-professional care and duties in treating ill or injured cadets, safekeeping and dispensing of supplies, performing related duties including maintaining supplies, and providing inpatient services and preventative disease control. The selected candidate must be willing to work a flexible schedule when needed, which may include evenings, weekends or additional hours. Employee will undergo an extensive background check.
Minimum Annual Salary: $28,716
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
· Prepare cadets for and assist in special treatments and dressings to include emergency medical care as necessary.
· Position will report progress of the needs and conditions of cadets; prepare and dispense over the counter and prescription medication and topical solutions to cadets as directed by physicians or supervisor; examine for, recognize and interpret symptoms of cadet’s condition; transport cadets when required for illnesses/injuries not treatable in the Academy clinic.
· Responsible for data entry into the Cadet Tracking System of the National Guard Youth Challenge Data Reporting system, and inventory supplies for the medical clinic.
· Under supervision of the LPN or RN, responsible for safekeeping and dispensing of supplies.
· The position requires ability to supervise, direct, and instruct students in medical clinic operations and routine; the ability to apply general medical and first aid techniques as related to medical practice and care, ability to follow oral and written instructions in exact detail; ability to maintain security and custodial measures within the medical clinic.
· Requires learning and following the guidance of TNVCA programs, rules, and regulations.
· Performs other duties as required or assigned reasonably within the scope of the duties enumerated above.
· Possession of a valid Tennessee EMT or Advanced EMT certification issued by the state of Tennessee (proof provided with application)
· Two years of AEMT, EMT Paramedic Required
· Required to maintain CPR certification
· Requires a valid Tennessee driver’s license
· Requires knowledge, skill, and dexterity for preparing, administering, and recording medical records and histories such as recording physician’s orders, charting medications, and recording patient reactions and behaviors
· Requires participation in all TNVCA trainings as mandated by National Guard Bureau
NOTE: Employee will undergo an extensive background check. The applicant for this class must be willing to be fingerprinted and must have their fingerprints on file with the Tennessee Military Department; applicants must authorize release on any investigative and criminal records obtained by the Federal Bureau of Investigation to the Tennessee Military Department. The data may be used as part of a review process to evaluate eligibility for continued employment.
Pursuant to the State of Tennessee’s Workplace Discrimination and Harassment policy, the State is firmly committed to the principle of fair and equal employment opportunities for its citizens and strives to protect the rights and opportunities of all people to seek, obtain, and hold employment without being subjected to illegal discrimination and harassment in the workplace. It is the State’s policy to provide an environment free of discrimination and harassment of an individual because of that person’s race, color, national origin, age (40 and over), sex, pregnancy, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status or any other category protected by state and/or federal civil rights laws.
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.