Member Support Coordinator
Senior Ride Nashville
1201A 7th Ave N, Nashville, TN 37208
HR, Office & Administrative Support
Position Description / Responsibilities
Senior Ride Nashville (SRN) is a growing nonprofit in metro Nashville meeting the transportation needs of older adults by providing affordable, assisted rides given primarily by volunteer drivers.
SRN is hiring an organized, engaged, multi-tasker as our Member Support Coordinator to promote the success of the Senior Ride Nashville mission – getting our older adult clients where they need to go, through maintaining and updating our Member Program, as well as co-managing and updating our ever-changing ride calendar. Principal responsibilities are listed below, and special tasks may also be assigned.
This is a part-time position of 25-27 hours per week, reporting to the Operations Director. Hours are 12:00 – 5:00 pm M-F. This role presently operates as a hybrid of remote and in-office work.
SRN is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
- Process new member applications verifying packet completion, scheduling in-home assessments, entering approved members into the online platform, processing deposit payments, and mailing welcome packets
- Answer phone calls daily for SRN, including ride requests and information requests, ensuring that the requests of each caller are recorded and executed or passed to another team member, when appropriate
- Support ride program through consistent and accurate communication with rider members and SRN staff and up-to-date record keeping
- Execute the multi-step process of ride support for our seniors from taking initial phone calls for a few hours weekly, to screening for eligibility, communicating quickly and clearly, entering precise ride data, managing rider membership renewals and payments, maintaining the online platform and more
- Perform administrative duties for SRN such as answering phones, maintaining files and other office-related responsibilities
- Assist with special events and other special tasks as assigned
- Attend weekly in-person Staff meeting and Operations team meeting
- Minimum 3 years of related customer service and administrative work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience working with older adults preferred
- Must pass criminal background check
Skills & Attributes:
- Demonstrated skills and enjoyment in organization, administrative tasks and customer service
- Proven success in learning and efficiently and accurately populating and utilizing databases
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks
- Ability to work efficiently in Microsoft Office
- Excellent verbal and written skills across all platforms of communication
- Critical thinking and patience
- Commitment to confidentiality
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, clients, volunteers, board, and the public
- Flexibility and diligence in time management in a changing work environment where responsiveness, initiative and execution are equally important
- Commitment to respectful and equitable engagement with diverse staff, organizations and volunteers
- Alignment with the mission of Senior Ride Nashville and the commitment to support growth
Please submit cover letter and resume to Info@SeniorRideNashville.org. No phone calls, please. Applications without cover letters will not be considered. Application deadline is Friday, February 24.